Noise Mystery: Empress Superdelay and Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper 2 not getting along

Jumbo Fuzz

• Members

I have a fix for this problem and will be putting together a kit for people that need it in the next week. Unfortunately it's going to require disassembly, but no soldering. Of course you can send it in if you don't want to perform the fix yourself.

Austin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a fix for this problem and will be putting together a kit for people that need it in the next week. Unfortunately it's going to require disassembly, but no soldering. Of course you can send it in if you don't want to perform the fix yourself.

Austin

subscribed... I have a superdelay incoming, I wish I remembered this thread when I placed my order today... I haven't tried the superdelay yet, but there's no way I'm getting rid of my goatkeeper if there's some sort of clash...

• Members

Austin

Have you already sent out the 10 goatkeepers to crushthebutton in Belgium? I'm getting one of those and I'm using a superdelay. Could you somehow include the kit to the shipment/do the fix before sending them out or send me one of the kits?

Thanks for your support,

patrick

• Members

Hi,

I'm david from Crush the Button, just to say that after speaking with Austin, I won't take any preorder (now and in the future) for the goatkeeper. But the ones who already preordered will get one as soon as I'll get the GK2 (but I won't give you a date, it will be there once Austin finish it!)

good work Austin!

• Members

Austin

cool beans!

The pedal is spectacular by the way. :thu: Thanks!

• Members

Have you already sent out the 10 goatkeepers to crushthebutton in Belgium? I'm getting one of those and I'm using a superdelay. Could you somehow include the kit to the shipment/do the fix before sending them out or send me one of the kits?

Thanks for your support,

patrick

Austin has held back the shipment to Crushthebutton when he became aware of this issue, so yours will be fine.

• Members

That's good to hear, I'm not really experienced in disassembling stuff and especially getting it back together. Thanks for the info and of course thanks to Austin for that incredible pedal.

I'm david from Crush the Button, just to say that after speaking with Austin, I won't take any preorder (now and in the future) for the goatkeeper. But the ones who already preordered will get one as soon as I'll get the GK2 (but I won't give you a date, it will be there once Austin finish it!)

Seems that I was lucky to get in on the list. :thu: that you are selling them here in Europe.

• Members

Yes, you're in list! I thought it was a good idea to take preorder to allow people who was waiting for long and really want it to get one, but it was not a good idea... that's why after speaking with Austin, I've decided to stop taking preorder! it will be easier for everybody (and me the first!)

• Members

if everything's ok, I should have at least 10 goatkeeper 2 to sell directly once I'll get it. If you send me your mail, I'll add you to my mailing list and I'll send you a mail to inform you once I get it.

And as I won't take any preorder, the first to order and pay it will get it :evil:

• Members

if everything's ok, I should have at least 10 goatkeeper 2 to sell directly once I'll get it. If you send me your mail, I'll add you to my mailing list and I'll send you a mail to inform you once I get it.

And as I won't take any preorder, the first to order and pay it will get it
:evil:

je te dois toujours un PM/email. je suis vraiment lent...

• Members

And as I won't take any preorder, the first to order and pay it will get it
:evil:

okay, tu as un pm :) merci pour l'aide

p.s fear my french ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

me too. have no use for the kit now but will in the future...

Muwhahahahhaha.

If I ever land (and keep) the Boomerang III and have it on the board with my GK2 and Superdelay, I will be made out to be the new Zachman...lol.

My crazy-ass-expensive-and-hyped-pedals. Let me show them to you.

• Members

idont see anywhere saying that the kit is actually available? just that there is a fix and Austin will be making some kits up... got my superdelay a couple weeks ago, haven't heard any noise yet but I'm still getting a feel for every little setting and may not have tuned it to the specific setting yet...

• Members

The fix I originally came up with for the GK2/SD issue didn't work as well as I initially thought. The good news is I have a new fix that appears to solve it completely. The bad is that anyone that wants this done will have to send their pedal back. If you want to do this, please email me: austin at lightfootlabs com.

• Members

will this fix be included i nthe ones going to crushthebutton? if it doesnt change the tone maybe it's a good idea cos i think almost anyone has a digital delay and the problem wil larise for sure one day. :)

Archived