Noise Mystery: Empress Superdelay and Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper 2 not getting along

Jumbo Fuzz

• Members
will this fix be included i nthe ones going to crushthebutton? if it doesnt change the tone maybe it's a good idea cos i think almost anyone has a digital delay and the problem wil larise for sure one day.
:)

yes, it will. In fact, that's why there's a delay.
also, it's unlikely to happen to any other digital delay pedal. (i've tried it with a Digitech, Boss, and Akai, and have had no problems). There is a very unique issue going on between the SuperDelay and the GK2.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

also, it's unlikely to happen to any other digital delay pedal. (i've tried it with a Digitech, Boss, and Akai, and have had no problems). There is a very unique issue going on between the SuperDelay and the GK2.

+1

In my first post I said it was unique to these two pedals and was not an issue with other delays.

I tried it with a Moogerfooger Analog delay, Line 6 DL-4 (digital), Ibanez EM-5 (digital), and other things like flangers and chorus and ect.

• Members
+1

In my first post I said it was unique to these two pedals and was not an issue with other delays.

I tried it with a Moogerfooger Analog delay, Line 6 DL-4, Ibanez EM-5 (digital), and other things like flangers and chorus and ect.

I can't believe you have a SuperDelay and a Moog Analog Delay. :mad:
I have been drooling over that Moog since I first demo'd it at NAMM 2008.

• Members
I can't believe you have a SuperDelay and a Moog Analog Delay.
:mad:
I have been drooling over that Moog since I first demo'd it at NAMM 2008.

Yeah its obscene I know. You want to know the crazy thing? The Superdelay "only" cost me $279 brand new after the combination of an ebay Coupon and the Live.com rebate (40% off total).

I got the Moogerfooger Delay for $390 brand new from an English store.

I bought the Superdelay when I thought the Moogerfooger deal had sank (very long story), but once I had both, I couldn

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I am happy to report that my Goatkeeper 2 received the "Superdelay fix" and the two pedals now work together flawlessly. No more odd, high pitched noise.

Really quick turnaround by Lightfoot Labs once I sent the unit in.

Two big thumbs up to Austin/Lightfoot Labs. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Archived