Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Lounge! Come on in and share your secrets.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was just flipping through presets tonight listening to the different sounds each and every one made. I'm a little surprised that so many people swear off the factory presets immediately. I did spend most of the day programming my own patches which is more exhausting, but well worth it. I do find that many of the factory presets are pretty nice. Here are two clips I made without tweaking a single parameter. I know they aren't that great and my playing is weak as hell, but it is a lot of fun all the same.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=429527&songID=7803706

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=429527&songID=7803707

I also dialed in that violin patch that 3 Chord Rock posted. I still don't have my MIDI hookup, so this is with the stock cab.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=429527&songID=7803705

• Members

Who is 3 Chord Rock?

That was fantastic!

Do you think my Standard could handle that patch?

Yeah, I really don't post here that much, especially now that I've got an Axe FX I've almost lost all GAS for other effects.

Glad you like the patch, but I don't think the Standard has the Synth block or the Resonator (double check me on that) but that's basically what the patch is. when I bought the Ultra I didn't think I'd use these extra features much, an a standard would really handle 99% of my playing, but some of these things are really fun.

I see Porkchop has a good handle on it, GREAT to see someone else enjoying it to!

• Members

Yeah, I really don't post here that much, especially now that I've got an Axe FX I've almost lost all GAS for other effects.

I see Porkchop has a good handle on it, GREAT to see someone else enjoying it to!

I love that patch, man. Thanks for making it. I keep asking my wife, "Listen, doesn't this sound just like a violin?" and she just rolls her eyes and says, "Yes, it still sounds like a violin."

I never thought I would say this, but I have NO GAS for effects or amps right now. I do want some FBT 12ma's and the MFC, but other than that, I have no GAS at the moment.

• Members

Hey,

What MIDI/USB interface do you guys use?

I bought an M-Audio MIDIsport Uno today and it doesn't work.

I get a

No input device is select orthere are no SysEx buffers. Cannot receive SysEx

Hint: Make sure 'options|Pass SysEx' is checked

it is checked

still nothing

I know the wiki frowns upon :cop:the M-Audio Midisport Uno :facepalm: I for got that when I purchased it. I figured I didn't need the 2x2 since I was only connecting one midi device to my computer.

Any suggestions?

• Members
Hey,

What MIDI/USB interface do you guys use?

I bought an M-Audio MIDIsport Uno today and it doesn't work.

I get a

No input device is select orthere are no SysEx buffers. Cannot receive SysEx

Hint: Make sure 'options|Pass SysEx' is checked

it is checked

still nothing

I know the wiki frowns upon :cop:the M-Audio Midisport Uno
:facepalm:
I for got that when I purchased it. I figured I didn't need the 2x2 since I was only connecting one midi device to my computer.

Any suggestions?

I use the MidiSport Uno with mine, had lots of problems - BUT - figured out the problem was that when I plugged it in, it was loading a Microsoft driver for it instead of the latest one that I had downloaded for it.
I had to manually choose the driver and select the M-Audio driver, then it worked flawlessly. Be careful though, cause more than once, the microsoft driver slipped back in and I had to force the M-Audio driver to be the one it used. Fixed the problem every time for me.

• Members

I have the Midisport 1X1 on the way with my shipment. I hope it works.

I did it, but no sound at first. Then I updated all presets and that did the trick. It is in the utility section, but maybe not by that name. Some changes were made to the Uno or 1x1 I was told by the salesman. Maybe the bugs are worked out. I dunno though, I'm retarded about the whole midi thing.

• Members
I did it, but no sound at first. Then I updated all presets and that did the trick. It is in the utility section, but maybe not by that name. Some changes were made to the Uno or 1x1 I was told by the salesman. Maybe the bugs are worked out. I dunno though, I'm retarded about the whole midi thing.

I am also a MIDIot.:cry:

• Members

I got AMS to price match midiaudio.com and snagged a brand new one for $145 shipped (overnight in the northeast as AMS's warehouse is in NJ)

I'm going to order my UNO EPROM tonight as well but according to the website none are shipping until August 9th

• Members

Just got an Atomic Amp, 112-18, using a Tonelab LE right now. Saving up for a AxeFX, wish there were a few "big ticket" things I could sell, but I feel bad dropping about 2k on that now.

But I am major GAS'ing right now.

• Members

Just got an Atomic Amp, 112-18, using a Tonelab LE right now. Saving up for a AxeFX, wish there were a few "big ticket" things I could sell, but I feel bad dropping about 2k on that now.

But I am major GAS'ing right now.

FWIW, I sold a few things I didn't think I could live without and haven't even thought of them since getting the Ultra.

Archived