1 Girl, 1 Synth/Organ

Goominim

• Members
Yeah, hormones. Give her a chance to turn teen and feel some blues first. Why I myself was a classical nerd until I turned 14, but see how I turned out!
:D

I don't know about that. I used to see people in Eastman school watching our Gospel class. Kids from Korean and Japan that could play some really hard {censored} classically speaking. Conservatory based musicians just do different things, not bad or anything it is just a different thing. I was talking to the horn players in my band about it Sat night. They have a lot of students that are like that in the high schools they teach at. When I saw that video above I could tell immediatley something was not quite right by looking at her hands and her approach to the keyboard. Sorry you guys don't agree I just call it like I see it.

• Members

I remember seeing this. My first wonder was how much of this was her work and how much was her parents. Arranger keyboards can do a lot of prep-work. From what I can tell she was doing a good job, pretty advanced for that age, but grainy Youtube videos are a poor judge of that.

• Members

I don't know about that. I used to see people in Eastman school watching our Gospel class. Kids from Korean and Japan that could play some really hard {censored} classically speaking. Conservatory based musicians just do different things, not bad or anything it is just a different thing. I was talking to the horn players in my band about it Sat night. They have a lot of students that are like that in the high schools they teach at. When I saw that video above I could tell immediatley something was not quite right by looking at her hands and her approach to the keyboard. Sorry you guys don't agree I just call it like I see it.

All I'm saying is that a classical background does not preclude you from developing feel. A great deal of classically trained musicians can never make the leap, but others can.

The fact that she is even interested in that type of music is a hopeful sign for her. There is no way to know at this point.

• Members

Yeah Outkaster, why go around categorizing musicians? I don't think its that cut-and-dried. As a music major I saw that some of the most talented and accomplished classical players could play by ear, could improv, swing, etc. I for one don't think my music education (half-assed though it might be) has kept me from having a decent "feel".

Its a gas watching that little girl rock out on "Wayward Son" in a formal recital, IMO. Could it be we're over-analyzing this?

• Members

No I call it as I see it. Music education did not keep me from having a good feel. You never loose it but it is not something that can be learned. I have been playing long enough to see certain stuff. I know at a young age I was not conservatory material because I was taught by a philarmonic pianist. He did not want to be mean but said I could still be a good musician in my own right and not have to be a 16 year old genious to be groomed to play in conservatory type places. I don't think certain {censored} in music can be learned. All I am saying is I was not that impressed by it.

• Members

I liked it. It was refreshing to see somebody using two hands and both feet.

And...suit and tie guy, thanks for the link to Virgil. That man could play not only with impeccable technique, but style and soul. Only got a chance to see him play live once but it's something I'll never forget.

• Members
Too bad she has a {censored}ty feel.

holy sour grapes, batman. :eek:

it's a young girl playing an electone, so rock and roll it is not.

neither is it glenn gould.

as a kid doing a talent spot, though it's damnnnn good. :thu:

almost as entertaining though is the spectacle of teh self-appointed adjudicators solemnly sitting in judgment on whether she has 'it'. they can 'tell' that she doesn't. so, sorry, dear. you're not worthy.

trying pulling that philharmonia out of your ass and save teh pompous crap for when it matters. :cop:

• Members

I can't believe anyone would knock this girl. Holy mackerel, pompous people is right for this thread's posters.

I'm just wondering, did she set up the drums in that machine and set up the whole song. I dang impressive to do what she did, but even more so if she set it up. Someone probably helped with sequencing the drums, but it doesn't affect the fact she's a talent.

• Members
holy sour grapes, batman.
:eek:

it's a young girl playing an electone, so rock and roll it is not.

neither is it glenn gould.

as a kid doing a talent spot, though it's damnnnn good.
:thu:

almost as entertaining though is the spectacle of teh self-appointed adjudicators solemnly sitting in judgment on whether she has 'it'. they can 'tell' that she doesn't. so, sorry, dear. you're not worthy.

trying pulling that philharmonia out of your ass and save teh pompous crap for when it matters.
:cop:

No sour grapes. I'm just not that impressed.

• Members

Oh god, this is always how it ends, isn't it?

Some midlife guys yelling at a video because they think it is {censored}. For gods sake, that girl is 10 years old. {censored} it, if you think she has no feeling or whatsoever wait 6 years until she get's it, and believe me, she will kick your asses.

• Members

Oh god, this is always how it ends, isn't it?

Some midlife guys yelling at a video because they think it is {censored}. For gods sake, that girl is 10 years old. {censored} it, if you think she has no feeling or whatsoever wait 6 years until she get's it, and believe me, she will kick your asses.

Keep believing that. Guess I am not allowed to have an opinion?

Archived