OT: Any hockey fans up in here?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really? When did they start saying this?

Atlanta's owner says they're not going anywhere. Phoenix has been financed by the league since September, and recently filed for bankruptcy. Part of their reorganization plan involves selling the team to Blackberry guy and moving the team to Hamilton, but the league is fighting this in court. Supposedly the Islanders are possibly moving to Kansas City, where they have an area built, and no one to play in it.

• Members

If you want the future of hockey to survive in America that's the style of hockey you need to embrace. There's a reason hockey is losing momentum to golf and Nascar. No more of this boring textbook hockey {censored}. Give me more Roys and Averys.

Then you miss the whole point of the game of hockey then.

• Members
Tell yourself that when teams start folding.

I'm a fan of fights and what not but hockey players being stupid is just retarded and makes me :facepalm:.

Whether or not Broduers style is boring or not it wins games. Nonetheless has put him in the record books above all other goaltenders.

• Members

i'm a Wild fan, very disappointing season.

i'm pulling for the Blackhawks--which as an old North Stars fan, is kind of heresy. but i loathe the canucks (glad to see them knocked out last night) and i don't really care for the Wings. eastern conf. is {censored}e.

• Members

I love hockey. My 2 favorite teams: The Colorado Avalanche and whoever is playing the Detroit Red Wings.

Go Ducks!

I'm a big Avalanche fan as well :thu:

Sucks the team is in major need of new leadership both on the ice and in the front office. Joe Sakic should hang up his skates and take up an executive position and Paul Statsny should start being groomed for his role as the Avalanche's future captain. Their first priority is getting rid of the horrendous goaltenders and get a better defensive corp and make use of whatever time Hejduk and Smyth has left.

• Members

Yes, I'm aware of franchises losing money. I'm all for hockey going back to the old days. But saying a player is boring, when in fact hes one of the most well known goaltenders in the NHL. Whether his style is boring or not is your opioion.

As well as you can't compare players to goaltenders. Goaltenders are a highly unappropriated part of the game of hockey. "Oh, they're stopping to many pucks...lets make them wear smaller equipment and limit them." People focus more on players because they 'make the game.' I like close games with few goals being scored where goalies are making tons of saves. The games I hate are the games that end up like 7-2 or 7-6. Its just not fun to watch.

Although, I'm a goaltender when it comes down to it. So thats why I like the kind of games I do. The NHL is now full of blowout games and its just as boring to watch.

• Members

Yes, I'm aware of franchises losing money. I'm all for hockey going back to the old days. But saying a player is boring, when in fact hes one of the most well known goaltenders in the NHL. Whether his style is boring or not is your opioion.

As well as you can't compare players to goaltenders. Goaltenders are a highly unappropriated part of the game of hockey. "Oh, they're stopping to many pucks...lets make them wear smaller equipment and limit them." People focus more on players because they 'make the game.' I like close games with few goals being scored where goalies are making tons of saves. The games I hate are the games that end up like 7-2 or 7-6. Its just not fun to watch.

Although, I'm a goaltender when it comes down to it. So thats why I like the kind of games I do. The NHL is now full of blowout games and its just as boring to watch.

If Roy and Hextall can make it onto the record books and keep the crowd wanting more I don't see why others can't do the same.

• Members

Avalanche's future captain. Their first priority is getting rid of the horrendous goaltenders and get a better defensive corp and make use of whatever time Hejduk and Smyth has left.

Funny you should mention that... I was getting tatted next to Chris Stewart (RW on the Avs), and I asked him "So what happened this season??" His reply, "No goaltending..."

• Members

being a Wild fan--we've had excellent goaltending since our inception and have one of the best in Backstrom. i appreciate good goaltending and most people here seem to appreciate it too. then again, alot of us are born hockey rubes. a good save is often just as exciting as a good goal.

as for fighting, it's frusterating as {censored} when we've got a brootal enforcer like boogaard and can't even use him because the league has feminized everything. anyhow, i appreciate a good hockey game but i'd be lying if i didn't say that fighting attracts me to hockey. not for the violence--i watch MMA for that. but that's how you build rivalries and tension/suspense--that {censored} is instant drama and interjects adrenaline into the dullest of games.

Archived