So I bought an amp today (vintage ampeg'd)

smrz

• Members

heh....yeah. it's very possible that I'll unload the 4x12 since I already have a 2x12 cab I really like and not much space in my house or my car. Shame though to break up the matched set.

• Members

they sound freakin' great, just a bit unmanageable in the volume dept. from my experience. I have an opportunity to get a v-22 2x12 combo for $250...it weighs like 100 llbs and sooooooooo loud...I can't decide if I need it, my Orange is plenty loud.

• Members

they sound freakin' great, just a bit unmanageable in the volume dept. from my experience. I have an opportunity to get a v-22 2x12 combo for $250...it weighs like 100 llbs and sooooooooo loud...I can't decide if I need it, my Orange is plenty loud.

Do it Nancy. Buy some earplugs.

• Members
Do it Nancy. Buy some earplugs.

I'll kick you in the bejoonies biatch ! BOO-YA!
its a friend of mine ...he's not actively trying to sell it but said I could have it if I ever wanted it. It is really clean too...maybe when I get caught up on bills from extended unemployment I'll pick it up. {censored}, people pay more for stupid overdrive pedals around here!:lol:

• Members

anyone that doesn't pick up an old ampeg at a great deal when they can is signing a one way ticket to tone hell.

Congrats on the first buyer, this is a great amp!

And for the second one, Pick this ampeg already!!!

It's pure tonal bliss!

• Members
Great deal! I stumbled upon a VT-22 for $250 in a pawn shop last year. Sold it like a dip{censored} cuz it was too loud.
:facepalm:

That's a combo converted to head, right?

V4 = head

VT22 = combo

Not sure...kinda looks original, but that could have been aftermarket anyway. Looks like I'm not the only one though. Don't really care, either way, it's basically a V-4.

Archived