True Bypass Loopers

Kaz2550

• Members

Yep, I've got a looper from Red Onion, had it over a year without any problems.

They're nice guys and the bonus is you can go as custom as you want. I went without a paint job for cheapness (and I thought it looked better) and picked the LED colours meself. Best value in the UK that I found.

• Members
Yep, I've got a looper from Red Onion, had it over a year without any problems.

They're nice guys and the bonus is you can go as custom as you want. I went without a paint job for cheapness (and I thought it looked better) and picked the LED colours meself. Best value in the UK that I found.

another vote for Red Onion here. :thu:

they're good to deal with; everything is custom built but they still have a fast turnaround; you can have the pedal layout (orientation, jacks and switch position) done to your specification (at no extra cost).

great service + reasonable prices + quality product = :thu: from me.

• Members

Cheers that's awesome guys I think I'll probably give them an order soon.

I'm thinking a 2 loop + master bypass and mix control on the second loop :D

I'd love to give it a go at building one myself but it looks like it'll probably cost about the same to buy as build maybe save

• Members

Cheers that's awesome guys I think I'll probably give them an order soon.

I'm thinking a 2 loop + master bypass and mix control on the second loop :D

I'd love to give it a go at building one myself but it looks like it'll probably cost about the same to buy as build maybe save

• Members

I found these true bypass loopers to complicate my rig too much, and also had a negative effect on my tone (more cables, more jacks, more plugs, more switches and internal wiring).

In most cases, i highly suggest either living with a few buffered bypass pedals or doing a TB-mod on the pedals that bother you. There are certainly a few exceptions, as occasionally you'll have an unmoddable pedal with horrible bypass (like the Digitech Whammy).

• Members

I found these true bypass loopers to complicate my rig too much, and also had a negative effect on my tone (more cables, more jacks, more plugs, more switches and internal wiring).

I use 'em to turn multiple effects on/off for solos. Much easier to hit 1 button rather than hit 3 or 4 and risk hitting the wrong pedal.

• Members

I use 'em to turn multiple effects on/off for solos. Much easier to hit 1 button rather than hit 3 or 4 and risk hitting the wrong pedal.

I'm going to use it for the purpose chakosh mentioned. Any tonal benefit is a side benefit really.

I think my chain is gonna be something like this, some pedals I haven't got yet though (in red):

Guitar

|

Korg Pitchblack

|

Loop1 - Dime CBH Wah - Boss CS2 -Keeley TMB

|

Loop2 - (some kind of modulation) - Boss DD7+tap tempo

|

Amp

Any problems? Slightly worried about the lack of buffers in complete bypass mode... Maybe I should just keep my Boss TU2 instead of buying a PB?

Loop Master does indeed sound great. Not sure if I can wait 8 weeks though.

• Members

|

Amp

Any problems? Slightly worried about the lack of buffers in complete bypass mode... Maybe I should just keep my Boss TU2 instead of buying a PB?

Loop Master does indeed sound great. Not sure if I can wait 8 weeks though.

I might keep the TU-2 instead of the PB if I were you just so you have a buffered effect in front, but I don't have a buffer before or after my TB loops right now, and I'm not having any problems. If you set everything up right, having TB loops makes everything so much more convenient. I can hit one button and turn on most of my effects at the same time. It's like creating presets. I wholeheartedly support your endeavor. :thu:

• Members
I might keep the TU-2 instead of the PB if I were you just so you have a buffered effect in front, but I don't have a buffer before or after my TB loops right now, and I'm not having any problems. If you set everything up right, having TB loops makes everything so much more convenient. I can hit one button and turn on most of my effects at the same time. It's like creating presets. I wholeheartedly support your endeavor.
:thu:

Thanks mang.

Sent this suggested layout to Red Onion last night. Pretty simple really. I was gonna go for a three switch one but decided against it to save board space. I think it should be easy enough to stomp on both at once to get complete bypass.

• Members

Uh thanks but, it has never been that long.

Our build/queue times are at about 4-5 weeks. Still sucks but not 12 weeks! lol

Yea.. no, it took over 8 weeks to get mine that I ordered mid November, and got close to the end of January. Not that I didn't enjoy it while I had it... But still.

• Members

Yea.. no, it took over 8 weeks to get mine that I ordered mid November, and got close to the end of January. Not that I didn't enjoy it while I had it... But still.

If it did, it must have had a shipping snag somewhere or was a highly custom piece or both. I am terribly sorry that it took so long on that one.

• Members

Uh thanks but, it has never been that long.

Our build/queue times are at about 4-5 weeks. Still sucks but not 12 weeks! lol

I ordered mine December 23rd, 2008. Received it February 13th, 2009.

Sorry, 7 1/2 weeks. Just seemed like 8-12...

It's cool though, cus at least you know up front it's gonna be a while. :thu:

Archived