Eventide Factor Pedal Lounge ...

ck3

• Members

I realize that there are all sorts of Mod, Pitch, and Timefactor threads, but thought that it might be useful to have a single thread where past, current, and prospective Eventide factor owners share GAS, settings, tips, tricks, etc.

As of today, I became the proud (and more debt riddled) owner of a demo model Pitchfactor from Sweetwater. I spent an hour twiddling knobs without reading the manual and was impressed by its capabilities, but far from being awe struck. Now that I've begun thumbing through the manual and picked up some tidbits of info via this forum, it is pretty clear how much of a monster the Pitchfactor will prove to be. Think expression-controlled double MOAD 7 and, oh, so much more.

[EDIT:] Here are links to individual Eventide Factor Stompbox lounges:

Modfactor Lounge

Timefactor Lounge

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had the Eventide Flipfactor until I turned it on and it sold itself on the forum.

What combination of controls will allow me to activate this mode? It might be helpful to know in the distant future. :p

• Members

I wonder what factors there will be in the future?

I'm personally hoping for a modfactor V2... just cause the first one looks awesome, but doesn't get enough praise, and that makes me not want.

Plus I can wait until they do a double modulation pedal. I would buy it in a flash. In fact if anyone comes out with a small, high-quality all-in-one-modulation-pedal that can tweak every parameter, Ill be there!

• Members

You'd think there would be some potential for a Filter Factor. Although it's starting to look like Line 6's stompbox modelers...

I have a Time Factor - big thumbs up - and have plans for a Pitch Factor but I just bought a house, at some time I may sell the house or exchange the house for a Pitch Factor.

Dirt Factor?

and yeah, an expanded Mod Factor would be cool.

• Members

I just got a timefactor about a week ago and sat down with it two nights ago. I was just looking for a better sounding digital delay. I don't need all the extras but i'll probably mess around with them later. I found it easy to program and store my programs. Only thing i wish it had is being able to name my own programs like most rack mount units do. I would think Eventide would back up their product a bit more for its only a year warrantee and my boss delays have 5. I'm still in the early stages with just a few simple programs. I'm not floored with the unit but it does sound better than all the pedal delays i've used in the past so i guess it only gets better from here.

• Members

Modfactor user chiming in.

Love the thing. It's great - because I don't use modulation that often, i'd rather have one programmable pedal and I love tweaking my own sounds out of it. I think it's rather underappreciated because there's such a wide range of sounds - it's not like, say, your favourite chorus or flanger pedal. It's completely neutral until you spend the time to dial in the sounds you like.

Actually really quite fancy a timefactor. Have a DD-20 at the moment but the way you need to toggle through the presets is bugging me - I'd like to be able to switch back and forth between two delay settings in a song. Think I'd better go look at some youtube demos and fuel my GAS... ;)

• Members

Love the thing. It's great - because I don't use modulation that often, i'd rather have one programmable pedal and I love tweaking my own sounds out of it. I think it's rather underappreciated because there's such a wide range of sounds - it's not like, say, your favourite chorus or flanger pedal. It's completely neutral until you spend the time to dial in the sounds you like.

Programmable pedals with presets that utilize individual effects make great modular components in a guitar rig. They are a nice compromise between individual effects pedals and mulitfx units (in terms of sound quality and control).

• Members

I have the timefactor, but not really a fan. Still trying to find some usable settings.

What does your signal chain look like? How do you have the source parameter and ins/outs of the Timefactor set?

• Members

What does your signal chain look like? How do you have the source parameter and ins/outs of the Timefactor set?

It's a work in progess, a few dirtod pedals in front of it. Still checking out the timefactors options. Mostly using the vintage and mod delay sounds.

• Members

I use both the TimeFactor and ModFactor, and I love them. I'm still learning how to tweak both of them, especially the ModFactor, but I'm not missing the EHX pedals they replaced at all.

I'm considering the PitchFactor, but I would really like to demo it before buying, but cannot find anyone with one in stock.

Question for the rest of you: are you running your factors through your effects loops?

• Members

Timefactor user here. I've had it for a little over a month now, and I'm really impressed. Very useable presets. Amazing sound quality. I really like that it has effects like chorus and ring mod too. I don't usually use those effects, but its nice to have them just in case, without having to buy separate pedals for them.

• Members

I really like that it has effects like chorus and ring mod too. I don't usually use those effects, but its nice to have them just in case, without having to buy separate pedals for them.

What are the ring modulator settings? I've heard that one of the delay modes can be used to create a bitcrushing effect.

• Members

The Moog expression pedal that I'm currently using with my Pitchfactor is clunky, stiff, and doesn't seem to consistently trigger the same parameter values in its heel and toe positions. I've read that a (pricey) Ernie Ball volume pedal works more effectively with Eventide Factor stompboxes. Is there a more affordable alternative that can allow for an even and consistent sweep?

• Members

The Moog expression pedal that I'm currently using with my Pitchfactor is clunky, stiff, and doesn't seem to consistently trigger the same parameter values in its heel and toe positions. I've read that a (pricey) Ernie Ball volume pedal works more effectively with Eventide Factor stompboxes. Is there a more affordable alternative that can allow for an even and consistent sweep?

The EB VP jr 25k should work perfectly.

Did you try programing the heel/toe values of the pitchfactor? Or does it still act wonky even after calibrating

• Members

Well, after my earlier post I did go and fuel my GAS for a timefactor. Put the order in today can't wait to try it out.

JC-TONEQUEST, be sure to spend time with the modfactor to get the most out of it, it's really customisable so might take time to find a set of sounds you like.

• Members

I have had a TF for a couple months and a PF since Caturday.

I am solidly in love with the TF. A modulated twin delay with patch recalls and some fun stuff in it too? What's not to love? But, I do think all three Eventide units should be sold with an expression pedal. It's the expression pedal that really makes these units shine. The changes in a patch between heel and toe don't have to be spastically different. Think of it as a wah pedal, but one that can change any one, OR all parameters, even inversely. Also think of the TF as a chorus or flanger, not just delay.

I haven't played with the PF for very long, but I can already see its possibilities. I just got it so the OS is up to date.

I had a TC NovaMod for a bit, but it thinned out the sound a lot, strangely enough. I returned it.

So like in some other thread, if I could only take two pedals with me on a deserted island, the TF & PF would be the only ones I would want.

Do all you Eventide pedal owners use expression pedals? If you don't, I highly recommend one. On each Factor! The Boss expression pedal works fine, BTW. Get one for each Factor!

• Members

Do all you Eventide pedal owners use expression pedals? If you don't, I highly recommend one. On each Factor! The Boss DP-7 works fine, BTW.

I'm using the roland plastic one everyone hates. :cry: It's not too bad though, I'm not a stomper. I'm mainly using it to make the modfactor a wah pedal at times, but also started using it with the undulator - in heel down its a shot burst of delays, in heel up it lasts basically forever.

Edit; Actually, hope you don't think this is spam, but here's a song my band's just finished doing the demo for where I use the undulator setting (and there's a bit of ps-3 in the middle and end riffs). Only set up this soundclick as a place to host sounds, not trying to sell me wares... yet... :wave:

http://www.soundclick.com/CaptainHorizon

Song is Jack Herer, lyrics are peppered with swearing so don't listen if you're easily offended/in the presence of kids :idea:

• Members

For those of us considering a Factor, check out the interactive demos at eventide's site:

http://www.eventidestompboxes.com/TimeFactorDemo.html

http://www.eventidestompboxes.com/ModFactorPresetsDemo1.html

http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/www/PitchFactorDemo.html

Bandwidth limited, I know, but it will give you a better idea of what they can do.

And did I mention that they're built like granite? Lots of headroom, too. Thank you Eventide!

...and per a previous post, all pedals are in my Lonestar Special's effect loop:

Boss MT-2 Keeley Twilight mod > Keeley Fuzz Head > Keely compressor > Pitch Factor > Time Factor.

Archived