Eventide Factor Pedal Lounge ...

ck3

• Members

Do all you Eventide pedal owners use expression pedals? If you don't, I highly recommend one. On each Factor! The Boss expression pedal works fine, BTW. Get one for each Factor!

Are you able to get an even and controllable sweep with your Boss expression pedal?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TimeFactor user here, and hopefully soon a Modfactor on the way. If the Modfactor works 2/3rds as good for me as the TF I'll be satisfied with it. The TF is ow the only delay I use in my gigging setup. If the MF works out, it will be replacing 3 pedals on my board.

Even if you don't usually play in stereo, if you can try your pedals with a stereo setup. It really takes the level of appreciation to a whole new level. I just recently did this with the TF and I played for almost 4 hours when I planned to play for about 45 minutes.

Also, you really need to tweak and learn the pedals to get the best out of them. I know that's true with any pedal, but these are so deep it takes a little longer.

• Members
I see Eventide have pulled their forum down. It's been down for a few days now. Anyone know what's going on there?

The forum won't even load for me ... technical issues, perhaps? If not, it may have something to do with info being leaked or the beta Pitchfactor firmware link that was posted there. :confused:

• Members
Welcome back, thread. I got a timefactor last week. wow.
:love:

Oh yeah! Did you try it in stereo yet? I was very happy with mine in mono, but tried it in stereo through a second half stack and I think I had that look in my eye that animals get every spring! :love::thu:

• Members

I see Eventide have pulled their forum down. It's been down for a few days now. Anyone know what's going on there?

The Eventide forum is still down... kinda sucks.

Hopefully we'll see some new updates this summer. Naming presets would be awesome.

• Members

FF & MF user here. :wave:

I am so happy with both. Ill start with the TF.

Timefactor :love:- Upgraded to v2. Haven't really tweaked it a lot. It's just that 40 presets helps a lot already. Amazing sound quality. My ears are really for digital sounding delays. It helped a lot better when i bought a external custom aux switch and a mini expression for it (this1smyne). honestly, it's so hard to use the TF with out the external aux switch. I programmed the aux switch (L) bank down - © Bypass - ® tap tempo. This way, I am always on bank mode. Never on play mode. I have not really tweaked the expression pedal feature on the TF. Still learning via videos.

Modfactor :love:- Amazing. A bit digital sounding. Again lots of presets. I placed this unit post gain. Pre gain is a Line 6 MM4 coz i only use flange, phaser and vibe for it. The MF literally took out ALL my Modulations on my board. I also got a custom aux switch and expression pedal (same builder/TGP/HCFX). Again, same settings for the aux - (L) bank down - © Bypass - ® tap tempo. I did read on TGP from the bulder(this1smyne) that he programmed one of the buttons on the aux switch for a freeze function. I have yet to find out what this will do. The best effect i liked on the MF is the Undulator (thanks to Jules-RM :thu::thu::thu: for telling me this, and by the way, it came for him).

I plan to get a pitchfactor sometime this year. Same aux switch. But the expression pedal will be a bigger one (treadle/rocker type) for the only reason that it will be easier to use for faster pitch shifting/whammy effects.

A question might rise up on power source. I live in the Philippines (220V) and use a transformer for both units. But, I read somewhere that a 1SPOT with L6 adapter will work with it. Tried it and it did. Plug and play. And around 3 pounds worth of dead weight taken off my board. This way, if I used both units (which I always do) on my smaller board (7 pedals), It's easier because of the 1SPOT. Note: I use 1 1SPOT for each Eventide pedal. DO NOT daisy chain it with other pedals. 1 Eventide pedal draws 1.3A.

Over all, I am very happy with the two units. To this moment I am still amazed at what they can do. I will post settings on TF and MF as soon as I document them. Might take sometime though.

• Members

I've got a TF and an MF, love 'em both! The TF is just hands down the best sounding and most versatile delay I've ever used! To me the MF really shines with the Rotary and Tremolo, Undulator is really cool too...

My only issue with the MF is that some effects sound better pre and some sound better post gain. For that reason I still use a Phase 90 pre gain.

• Members

Timefactor here!

One thing I will contribute about the timefactor looper is, its {censored} until you update the unit, so update it asap and you get a very useable looper out of it :thu:

I still bought a seperate looper as I like to use delay in my loops and have more than like 15 seconds of loop time, but its still useable :)

• Members

Oh yeah, and how do you use the 40 presets? My unit, upgraded, still has 10 banks with 2 presets.

If the interface is anything like the Pitchfactor's, you'll probably have to access the utility menu. This can be done by holding down the encoder and far right switch for one second. The encoder can then be used to scroll through and select submenus, and the middle switch will get you out of the submenus. There may or may not be a better explanation in the operation manual.

• Members

My only issue with the MF is that some effects sound better pre and some sound better post gain. For that reason I still use a Phase 90 pre gain.

The Pitchfactor is similar in some respects. The harmonizer, modulation, whammy, and delay effects seem to work best when placed after a preamp (or in an fx loop) and the arpeggiation and synth effects can be a bit temperamental in the same position.

What Modfactor effects sound better in the pregain position?

• Members
If the interface is anything like the Pitchfactor's, you'll probably have to access the utility menu. This can be done by holding down the encoder and far right switch for one second. The encoder can then be used to scroll through and select submenus, and the middle switch will get you out of the submenus. There may or may not be a better explanation in the operation manual.

Yes. Go into the submenus, find "Utility" press the encoder knob down and release then scroll to find "Banks", press the encoder again. Then select how many active banks you want. Even though it has 20 banks of two available after the SW upgrade, it defaults to 10 banks of two.

Anything more than 5 or 6 banks and I set one of my aux footswitches to "bank down" saving tons of time especially on stage. Otherwise if you have all 20 available and you're on bank 9 and want bank 7, you'll be tapping that bank up for a while :lol:

• Members

The Pitchfactor is similar in some respects. The harmonizer, modulation, whammy, and delay effects seem to work best when placed after a preamp (or in an fx loop) and the arpeggiation and synth effects can be a bit temperamental in the same position.

What Modfactor effects sound better in the pregain position?

To me it's the standard pre-gain effects like the Phaser, Wah, and ModFilter. Overall more effects sound better post so that's where I keep it. I really like the combination of phaser and trem, and I'm a sucker for a phase 90, so it's not that big of a deal I guess...

• Members
Anything more than 5 or 6 banks and I set one of my aux footswitches to "bank down" saving tons of time especially on stage. Otherwise if you have all 20 available and you're on bank 9 and want bank 7, you'll be tapping that bank up for a while
:lol:

True. :lol: What aux switch did you get?

• Members
True.
:lol:
What aux switch did you get?

I use the Digitech FS300 with my Timefactor. One switch is bank down, one is tap tempo and the other switches it from bank to loop/play mode. It makes the TF much more user friendly especially during gigs. The FS300 is the size of another effects pedal but it's worth the pedalboard real estate because of the convenience. :thu:

• Members
I use the Digitech FS300 with my Timefactor. One switch is bank down, one is tap tempo and the other switches it from bank to loop/play mode. It makes the TF much more user friendly especially during gigs. The FS300 is the size of another effects pedal but it's worth the pedalboard real estate because of the convenience.
:thu:

:thu:. i almost got one of those. then i saw this guy on TGP - http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=491371
amazing stuff. cheap too.

• Members
Thanks for the TGP link! I'll need to contact that guy for an aux switch.

(TGP links are funny, right click properties on the link and copy and paste that address to get it to work)

Thanks for the tip on the TGP link- got it to work, and wow- Those are some pretty sweet looking little magic boxes he's making there.... might have to get one or two! :thu:

Archived