Eventide Factor Pedal Lounge ...

ck3

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1995896

Here's the link for the official ModFactor lounge. Figured they should be tied together.
:idk:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1910096&highlight=timefactor+lounge

...and the link to the official Timefactor lounge as well
:thu:

Good idea ... I just added those links to the original post. :thu:

• Members

The EB VP jr 25k should work perfectly.

Did you try programing the heel/toe values of the pitchfactor? Or does it still act wonky even after calibrating

I did some more tinkering and discovered what was causing uneven expression pedal response with the Pitchfactor's Pitchflex effect. It turns out that I had some sort of delay set on both pitches. Everything seems fine now that I disabled the Pitchflex pitch delay feature (which can make the response of the "flex" button similar to a gradual expression pedal sweep).

When I was recently fooling around with the Pitchfactor's Octaver effect, I figured out how to emulate a Boss/Arion style octave divider. If you turn all of the filter parameters (except for resonance) to 0 and blend out the fuzz, you get a straight -1/2 octave divider. The fuzz can be progressively blended in if you are looking for Pearl OC-07-ish tones. Either type of Octaver effect sounds alright in an effects loop, but would probably work better in front of an amp if you plan to use distortion.

My next mission will be to determine if the Pitchfactor can create (more controllable and predictable) suboctave/4th glitches reminiscent of the MXR Blue Box and Mid-Fi Glitch Computer. I'll provide a report after further tweaking.

• Members

Quick update regarding MXR Blue Box emulation with the Pitchfactor:

I've managed to approximate its 4th/octave glitch using the harmodulator effect set with a square waveform, octave down variance in pitch, 50 and 30 some-odd millisecond delays on each pitch, and pitch doubling voices that are a 4th and two octaves down. This would probably sound pretty close to the real deal if I placed the Pitchfactor in front of my amp or had a muffy fuzz pedal on hand.

• Members
I'm pretty impressed with the beta firmware update for the Pitchfactor. How have the firmware updates been with the other Eventide factor stompboxes?

They've been a little slow, but that may also be in part to the anticipation getting the best of many people. On the Eventide forums the folks at Eventide claim that they are making progress and hope to have TF and MF updates out not too long from now- late summer/early fall?

Looks like they're mulling over a possible VerbFactor. I think if you already own two and get a third, Eventide should give you 25% off the third pedal. If they come out with a fourth and you already have all 3, then you should get 50% off the fourth pedal. :thu:

• Members
I couldn't wait, and that was the trick!

THANKS SO MUCH!

No problem. :thu:

Has anyone determined which Hungarian and Neopolitan scales Eventide chose for the Diatonic/Quadravox effect updates? I'm guessing major, but my ears may be deceiving me. :o

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Another bump for the question about the new Pitchfactor scales. :poke::wave:

I just got a Digitech FS3X in a trade deal and am already finding it more useful than the expression pedal that it replaced. The FS3X is presently set for tuner, tap tempo, and flex, and I use the Pitchfactor's faceplate switches to toggle banks and presets.

How do other aux switch users have their controls configured?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Update: I have had a Pitch Factor for a few months now. What a deep pedal! Amazing depth and plenty of ideas and songs hidden in that thing.

You'd think there would be some potential for a Filter Factor. Although it's starting to look like Line 6's stompbox modelers...

I have a Time Factor - big thumbs up - and have plans for a Pitch Factor but I just bought a house, at some time I may sell the house or exchange the house for a Pitch Factor.

Dirt Factor?

and yeah, an expanded Mod Factor would be cool.

• Members
Update: I have had a Pitch Factor for a few months now. What a deep pedal! Amazing depth and plenty of ideas and songs hidden in that thing.

Indeed ... mine continues to be the only processor on my board.

Has anyone successfully used any of the Factor stompboxes as a stand alone MIDI controller? I've made several attempts with the Pitchfactor (using all MIDI channels), and other equipment does not seem to receive messages. :facepalm:

• Members

I want a Reverbfactor!!

.....but I want it to have a control that adjusts the time the reverb takes to swell to its' maximum intensity..

FYI..I don't mean a pre-delay. (controlling the time between the note played and the START of the reverb effect.)

....and it must have reverse reverb.

• Members

UPDATE: The Pitchfactor can serve as a rudimentary MIDI foot controller. I was able to achieve this by connecting a MIDI cable, syncing MIDI channels, accessing the "MIDI" system menu, and changing the "PGM XMT" value to "ON".

If I can get my hands on another MIDI cable, I will determine if it can function as a USB MIDI control interface.

Archived