Best Fuzz for drone/stoner/doom?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Fix'd Fuzz. That might be the coolest fuzz I own. The EH Graphic Fuzz is amazing as well- I have two. The Devi Ever stuff is awesome as well.

Can you tell me more about the graphic fuzz?

Would I be able to dial in a myriad of different fuzz tones?

Or does it have it's own sound?

• Members

disagree, this is where it pays to really know eq curves

man, most of the bands you like have just rats and muffs and marshalls.

i do it with a simple boss hm2.

boutique if u like, but its not necessary

I'm talking simple vintage style fuzzes, like Fuzz Faces and Tonebenders... not Rats, Muffs and an HM2.

I do agree that it's not necessary.

• Members

If you want to do the sunn O)) thing then I'd go with a bluebeard fuzz. It's what they use I do believe along with baroness and I think torche. Also check out a meathead/meathead deluxe, hoof fuzz, and a doomidrive. All are pretty much built with the stoner/doom thing in mind.

• Members

Can you tell me more about the graphic fuzz?

Would I be able to dial in a myriad of different fuzz tones?

Or does it have it's own sound?

" So I just received my Graphic Fuzz XO. After playing it with it for a couple of hours I can happily say that it

• Members

I use a Fuzz Factory Clone set as a metalish fuzz, I found that precise setting on one of those all around setting lists you can find googling.

It's pretty much 50% fuzz and 50% distortion, a pretty thick tone, if decently EQ'd can cut the mix and do the wall of sound at the same time (still working on the equalization, I don't own a 4x12 cabinet so the impact and the heavy bass frequencies are quite an hard thing to achieve for me).

I also use a modified NYC Muff sometimes, with an added mid knob and another couple of mod I found on the webz, but still it has some serious problems in cutting the mix, it's too creamy, liquid and scooped. Even with the mids knob all the way up.

• Members

I don't own a 4x12 cabinet so the impact and the heavy bass frequencies are quite an hard thing to achieve for me.

I also use a modified NYC Muff sometimes, with an added mid knob and another couple of mod I found on the webz,
but still it has some serious problems in cutting the mix, it's too creamy, liquid and scooped. Even with the mids knob all the way up

What about a 10Band EQ after that modded Muff ?

• Members

when i saw sunn O))) he had an old RAT, bluebeard fuzz, zvex hard on... i believe the guy from baroness uses(d) a fulldrive II, bluebeard fuzz, fulltone ocd... guy from YOB used a ross distortion... most stoner/doom bands don't use fuzz pedals...

• Members

vintage Rat

Russian Muff

Green Muff

Bass Big Muff

EHX Graphic Fuzzz

these two is what i'd go for personally, though:

Swollen Pickle

and my personal favorite, the Bluebeard Fuzz... think the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalipse and you'll come a bit close to what we're talkig about.

• Members

What about this?

http://blackouteffectors.com/site/?page_id=6

sounds pretty god damn good.

I've had more time to play around with the OR120...and the RAT sounds pretty good actually. pretty much all I'd need....but it would be nice to have something that really brings the {censored}ing {censored}.

I really like Torche's tone on Meanderthal.....dry, powerful and crunchy.

When I saw them recently he was using some sort of Orange.....not sure what it was?

Archived