OT:why do you hate or love the 09 nba champion la lakers?

jorhay1

• Members

Lets see, if I was on a team would I be more happy and willing to run if i knew my PG was going to pass me the ball, or if I had a crybaby PG that wants to score 20 pts a night.

Umm... are you calling Rondo a "me first" PG? You gotta watch some tape, mang.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Umm... are you calling Rondo a "me first" PG? You gotta watch some tape, mang.

I've seen the tape. I'm aware that he almost averages a triple-double in the playoffs. But he just doesn't look like a true point gaurd to me.

I still say i'd rather have Ricky Rubio over Rajon Rondo, hands down.

• Members
I've seen the tape. I'm aware that he almost averages a triple-double in the playoffs. But he just doesn't look like a true point gaurd to me.

I still say i'd rather have Ricky Rubio over Rajon Rondo, hands down.

Wow. I don't even know how you got that. I'm a Celts fan, so I, likely, watch more Rondo than you. I'd never say he's "me first".

Now, that second part, remember that when Rondo lights up Rubio next season :D

• Members
Wow. I don't even know how you got that. I'm a Celts fan, so I, likely, watch more Rondo than you. I'd never say he's "me first".

Now, that second part, remember that when Rondo lights up Rubio next season
:D

I don't doubt he'd light him up.

My argument is, at the end of the day, who is a more "true" point guard.

and there's only a few of those still left in the game today. I can only think of a handful.

• Members

I don't doubt he'd light him up.

My argument is, at the end of the day, who is a more "true" point guard.

and there's only a few of those still left in the game today. I can only think of a handful.

Well, agree to disagree on Rondo.

But I agree Rubio will bring another true PG to the NBA. They do need more of these and less Starburys.

Rondo also busts his ass on D. Great defender. Rubio? I'm not sure.

• Members

Bryant and Iverson give basketball a bad name.

Go to college, learn how to play a team sport, and enter the draft with some mentoring from an NCAA coach.

I hope they lose in Orlando, and I wish Shaq would have still been on that team, even if just to technical Kobe with some well-timed goal tending.

76er's fan, with no AI.

• Members

no

it's really not

Yeah, it was. When it does happen (in 6) it will be an asterisk championship, as I think everyone knows that if KG was healthy we wouldn't even be talking about this. Funny how one tendon changes everything.

• Members

Yeah, it was. When it does happen (in 6) it will be an asterisk championship, as I think everyone knows that if KG was healthy we wouldn't even be talking about this. Funny how one tendon changes everything.

Funny or sad?

• Members

Funny or sad?

Sad if KG hadn't won it last year, funny because I like laughing at Kobe Bryant and his ... ahem.... "victory". KG has an uphill battle next year, but the Celts are nowhere near done. MJ, Pippen, and Rodman where mid 30's when they were setting records and embarrassing other legends ({censored} you Karl Malone :lol:). Celts 2010.

This whole trip for Orlando has certainly made them grow as a team tremendously and I believe they have a championship or two in them in the coming years if they can stick together.

• Members
Sad if KG hadn't won it last year, funny because I like laughing at Kobe Bryant and his ... ahem.... "victory". KG has an uphill battle next year, but the Celts are nowhere near done. MJ, Pippen, and Rodman where mid 30's when they were setting records and embarrassing other legends ({censored} you Karl Malone
:lol:
). Celts 2010.

This whole trip for Orlando has certainly made them grow as a team tremendously and I believe they have a championship or two in them in the coming years if they can stick together.

The one thing the Celts do have to worry about is their bench for next year. Davis, House, and Powe all need their contracts renewed. Looking at the ESPN trade machine, apparently Mikki Moore was signed for two years. I expect him to be traded (expiring contract). I doubt Starbury will be back, since Pruitt can fill his role at a cheaper price. It will be interesting to see what the Celts do in the offseason. If they can get a quality big with the money that was supposed to go to Moore and Starbury, I think the roster will look pretty damn good.

Archived