Delay sound clips opinion...which do you prefer?

BTBAM

• Members

So I was playing with delays and wanted to see if you all had a preference in sound/tone?

There are 2 delays in the first audio. It is first clean,then Delay A, then Delay B.

Which one sounds better to you? What do you like about it?

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=18955

Then in this sound clip there are 3 delays. Clean, Delay C, Delay D, and Delay E.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=18956

Again...which one sounds better to you? What do you like about it?

Please rate the two audio clips separately, and not two audios with 5 options.

• Members

Oh okay. I thought my browser was messed up. You were talking about videos at the end there...lol.

OT: I haven't forgot about the feedback I owe you on EPs. I got the tracks burned, just got to sit down and give them a proper listen.

• Members

Oh okay. I thought my browser was messed up. You were talking about videos at the end there...lol.

OT: I haven't forgot about the feedback I owe you on EPs. I got the tracks burned, just got to sit down and give them a proper listen.

I fixed my mistake. I'm so used to putting up videos. Thanks for catching it.

OT: take your time, I'm in no rush!

• Members

Fun stuff. I took the time to listen to both MP3s a few times and even write down my thoughts through each pass. Delays are serious business.

The first set is hard to call, and here is why. I really like the soup/atmosphere of Delay A. However, I really like the way Delay B trails. I like the rhythmic way the repeats lose more and more low and mid frequencies. Not sure, but I thought there was some settings changes during the Delay B clip playing...right?

In the end, I will be pick Delay B as my favorite.

For the second set, I like Delay E the best. I liked its soup/atmosphere. Delay C was the runner up. I liked its repeats in the first few seconds of its run. Nice soup too.

I probably picked a Behringer or something over a Skreddy. :lol:

• Members
Fun stuff. I took the time to listen to both MP3s a few times and even write down my thoughts through each pass. Delays are serious business.

The first set is hard to call, and here is why. I really like the soup/atmosphere of Delay A. However, I really like the way Delay B trails. I like the rhythmic way the repeats lose more and more low and mid frequencies. Not sure, but I thought there was some settings changes during the Delay B clip playing...right?

In the end, I will be pick
Delay B
as my favorite.

For the second set, I like
Delay E
the best. I liked its soup/atmosphere. Delay C was the runner up. I liked its repeats in the first few seconds of its run. Nice soup too.

I probably picked a Behringer or something over a Skreddy.
:lol:

You are correct about a slight change in delay B while playing.

• Members

What pedal are you pushing here and at tgp?

Oh man BTBAM, you just got pwnt!

on another note, rfazano, you posted another comment like this on TGP. I doubt he's trying to promote anything. Most people don't have hidden agendas or conspiracies in the niche world of guitar pedals.

• Members

what are you talking about? You mean what effects pedals I am talking about in an effects forum?

You are obviously in collusion with a boutique effects builder to create a mystery delay thread in which you try to make their pedal seem better sounding than the rest in order to create hype and increase sales. Effects forums are dark places where everyone has a hidden agenda and tries to push pedals. There, I said what we were all thinking ;)

:eek:

Archived