Dear Mr. Waldo Pepper--A word, please.

• Members

There is a great thread on TGP with a bunch of pedal guts, check out Barber Elecs' pedals' innards for some really, really high quality work. I was very impressed when I got my Dirty Bomb in, and when I got my Tone Press it was equally well made. I think these pedals would take a bomb hit and keep rocking.

Dennis from ProTone has gotten much better, too. When I first started talking about my PT pedals I was told by a lot of people that his guts used to be second-rate and looked flimsy. Now they're on a much higher level of quality, I need to take some pictures for that TGP thread because I think people would benefit from seeing his current work if there were once questions about his build quality.

Catalinbread pedals are always really nice looking and well designed inside.

It doesn't make a huge difference I guess so long as it'll hold together, but I really appreciate thoughtful layouts and above-average construction quality. Those are part of what helps to make so-called boutique pedals worth a bit more than mass produced stuff (though that shouldn't be taken to mean that all mass produced stuff is poorly made - there are plenty of big guys with a well-deserved reputation for quality, too).

• Members

There is a great thread on TGP with a bunch of pedal guts, check out Barber Elecs' pedals' innards for some really, really high quality work. I was very impressed when I got my Dirty Bomb in, and when I got my Tone Press it was equally well made. I think these pedals would take a bomb hit and keep rocking.

Yeah I love that thread!

Barber's one of my faves. His pedals seem pretty minimalistic, but they're just amazing to look at A+!.

• Members

[quoteIMG_3884576x768.jpg

:lol::p:lol:

Damn Davies 1400's, about 1 in 20 that I get have the nib busted off. I am saving them all for a Limited Edition Super MOJO Awesome RELIq'd did I mention very Limited Edition fuzz with PIO, tropical fish, and Mica caps with some OCD Ge Trannies so old and leaky that Fluke himself couldn't figure out the true HFE pedal. It's gonna be so rare that only 5 people will actually hear it.

• Members

I don't care what it looks like on the inside as long as it sounds good and functions properly.

I feel ya, but how it looks on the inside is going to have a lot to do with the latter part of your concern, especially over time.

Archived