New Mars Volta

Aaron SS

• Members

i streamed the record on myspace and my overall reaction was meh. Few of the melodies and rhythms caught my attention the way some of the riffs on Bedlam did. I need to take another listen though.

I definitely recommend another listen.

This album appeals to me quite a bit compared to past albums (BIG was great as well)

• Members

The Mars Volta is almost as terrible as At the Drive In.

{censored} wankery and even {censored}tier vocals.

I've never understood the infatuation with them on this forum.
:idk:

Didn't think there were that many people here into them. I don't like most of the ATDI stuff I've heard but Deloused is a brilliant album.

Understand the haters though, I think it has a lot to do with what music you like AND when you 1st heard them. I went to a show having never heard a song and was blown away, don't know if I would have stuck thru and album on my own.

• Members

At The Drive-In is not {censored} wankery at all...I enjoy the guitarwork on their albums even more than Mars Volta records. Acrobatic Tenement is incredible.

• Members

After listening to your myspace music, it is obviously understandable that you don't like them. :thu:

• Members

i am a huge TMV fan. been there since ATDI and into all their various offshoots.

this is their strongest album since Frances the Mute. all the members sound very in-the-pocket and comfortable with each other. exactly what their discography needed.

my opinionated list goes

-amputechture

-frances the mute

-octahedron

-deloused

-bedlam

-tremulant

Archived