The Official Clean Chan / Dirty Chan NPD thread.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got mine a while back. It's a really sweet pedal. Lofi, sparkley and can get loud. Really a cool pedal. I've played a couple of boosts and it ain't no AMZ ripoff.

I can see how it's not for everyone though. The sound should appeal to the same people his art may appeal to. Kinda lofi, and "indie." :idk:

Anyone curious should pick up a High Five (more tonally flexible than the CChan/DChan). Or wait for the high five OD. Although to get the trashy stacked sounds of the CChan/DChan you'll have to buy two. :ninja:

I'm really curious as to how the DChan/CChan would sound. Wish I woulda bought both.

• Members
I got mine a while back. It's a really sweet pedal. Lofi, sparkley and can get loud. Really a cool pedal. I've played a couple of boosts and it ain't no AMZ ripoff.

I can see how it's not for everyone though. The sound should appeal to the same people his art may appeal to. Kinda lofi, and "indie."
:idk:

Anyone curious should pick up a High Five (more tonally flexible than the CChan/DChan). Or wait for the high five OD. Although to get the trashy stacked sounds of the CChan/DChan you'll have to buy two. :ninja:

I
'm really curious as to how the DChan/CChan would sound. Wish I woulda bought both.

I did :wave:

IMG_0632.jpg

The dirty->clean has a different sound than the clean->dirty when both are on but it just what you'd imagine it would sound like. Just think of what the clean chan does to your clean signal and imagine it doing that to your dirtychan'd signal - it add that high end sparkle and clarity and of course boost the volume

• Members

No, but I'm sure the gain is fixed per a resistor so swapping that out for a different value will affect gain.

The two sides are identical save for those resistors that control gain. They are against the curved side of the transistors.

• Members

Modding them would be a pain.

Since they are held in place by hot glue. You would have to pry it off and clean it all off on the solder-side to do anything.

I was able to just rip off the glue, wasn't hard at all. Didn't stick at all to the PCB.

• Members

The two sides are identical save for those resistors that control gain. They are against the curved side of the transistors.

and would a pot in place of that resistor become a gain cheeseburger... I mean control... damn you devi

• Members

Definitely on my board, even though the dirty channel is a little dark. Might try turning up the volume though.

yeah, it's dark on it's own but with the clean side on it's perfect. I leave the clean on all the time so it works well.

• Members

Definitely on my board, even though the dirty channel is a little dark. Might try turning up the volume though.

See I love the fact that the dirty chan is a little dark. It's good for like mellow OD type stuff. And you have 3 very distinct tones readily avaliable.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived