Bat infestation

smrz

• Members

I was out in front of my house at sunset one night and I noticed our neighbor hood had a lot of bat activity. I looked around to see if I could spot even more bats and discovered them coming out of a small hole under the eaves of MY HOUSE! There were dozens of them.

That explained some of the noises I was hearing 2 weeks leading up to this discovery.

I waited until it got dark the next night then plugged the hole after I guessed they had all left for the night. Creepy!

• Members

I was out in front of my house at sunset one night and I noticed our neighbor hood had a lot of bat activity. I looked around to see if I could spot even more bats and discovered them coming out of a small hole under the eaves of MY HOUSE! There were dozens of them.

That explained some of the noises I was hearing 2 weeks leading up to this discovery.

I waited until it got dark the next night then plugged the hole after I guessed they had all left for the night. Creepy!

At least they were outside. Two flew in to my room since I began to try to sleep. So much for bed tonight. When I caught one and was taking it outside, the cat was killing his third for the day. Again, ugh.

• Members

When you say infestation, how do you mean? Like, is your house now a coopted bat breeding grounds? About how many bats are we talking, here?

Total, no idea. I have seen probably 5 or 6 bats, which means it's almost definite that there's a nest with many more. We need to call pest control to seal the house and get rid of the bats that are here. I'm calling tomorrow.

Archived