Ampeg Gemini 1

echodeluxe

• Members

I have found that between the hours of 10p - 8a, asking questions on this forum will very seldom be productive. Sometimes funny, sometimes dangerous, often interesting, but never productive.

look at that, and you werent even trying

• Members

It certainly looks cool.

What could be more cool than a blue-tolex covered amp named after spacecraft from the early days of the race to the moon with BOTH "Guitar" and "Accordian" inputs in 2 channels that can be jumpered?

If that ain't the definition of "cool", then what is?

• Members

Jumpering just lets you blend the 2 channels together in weird and interesting ways. Instead of 2 standalone channels, you have something like 8 different ways of jumpering the channels together. For example:

Guitar => Channel 1 Guitar Input; then Channel 1 Accordian Input => Channel 2 Guitar Input. And so on.

• Members

Jumpering just lets you blend the 2 channels together in weird and interesting ways. Instead of 2 standalone channels, you have something like 8 different ways of jumpering the channels together. For example:

Guitar => Channel 1 Guitar Input; then Channel 1 Accordian Input => Channel 2 Guitar Input. And so on.

Ah, I see, thanks!

• Members

I want one but I doubt I'll find one in the UK for a reasonable price. Peter Buck used a Gemini II on REM's Murmur album. The Gemini II has a 15" speaker and more wattage so I'm imagining the Gemini I to sound prety much the same, just quieter and a little lighter.

• 1 year later...

Archived