Limited Edition Wampler Triple Rectortion

jhamnett

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I'm sure something will come soon about how this isn't the advertised price and it needs to be corrected, since $8 is domestic shipping.

Wampler is def good people. He contributes here occasionally, has very helpful DIY stuff, and makes fantastic pedals (had a Plexidrive that I sold once I got a DLS).

• Members

I can speak more now, sorry, had to walk my puppy. I got a Triple Recstortion in today, part of a feature I'm cooking up for Frugal on Mesa-in-a-Box pedals. I would never review a pedal that I've only had in for a day, because of the "honeymoon effect," but by now given how many different things I've tried by now I have a really good idea of what sounds good to me and this was a hit from the moment I turned it on. Brian Wampler makes great stuff, always very functional and versatile on top of having a euphonic basic sound, and this is no exception. I can't decide if I like Vint. or Modern mode better. One thing that's certain is that they are very different, in their overall frequency profile but also in the underlying character of the distortion. It does something importantly different from the Vint./Modern switch on the Plextortion, something that makes it something you'll want to switch on and off as needed instead of figuring out early on which mode you like best and leaving it there.

If you've got any questions about it, feel free to ask. I can probably record a clip later, if not tonight then tomorrow.

I am amazed that he's only making 100 of these. I could see this becoming a real hit. I hope he reconsiders.

• Members

Neither. Wait for the PisdiYAUwot like me!

Hasn't that been "coming soon" for almost a year now?

Also Robo I do all my demos just for you, you are the gentle breeze created by the brilliant wings of angels.

Archived