1977 Ibanez Les Paul - Hit or Quit?

jhamnett

• Members

Sadly they do.
:(
Maybe not on evilbay, but the last few stores I popped my head into have a couple bolt ons for $600-750.

eBay usually reflects the actual market price a little better. Shops charge all kinds of ridiculous prices for used gear in the hopes some sucker will pay what they're asking or it gives them wiggle room to haggle down to the actual market price while giving the buyer the illusion he got a good deal. :D

People aren't paying much more than $400 for those in mint condition in the real world...personally I wouldn't pay more than $250 for the bolt on neck Ibanez LP copy, but then I'd have no need for a guitar of that level quality...I'd spend a little more and pick up a used Edwards. Depending on the model you might be able to get a $700 to $1000 for a set neck model Ibanez LP copy. Not all Ibanez Les Paul copies are created equal. :o

• Members

the quality with those bolt-ons was few and far between. I've played around 20 of them.

On the other hand, I would take a 78 Ibanez Artist with a set neck and the flying fingers pickups over just about any guitar. Those are amazing axes.

But if you like the way it plays, offer 275, 300 max

Archived