Old metal, new metal?

Jisatsu

• Members

I was going to embed this, but this dick head won't allow it. Anyways I was just bored roaming around the youtubes and I came across this video. This guy just posts small clips of what he considers "real" metal and what he thinks is "not" metal.

Now for some of this I was like "yeah...f them in their a!!" Then I started listening to some of these "not" metal bands he was posting, and honestly, they were in some ways more metal than his "real" metal bands. I mean I'm sorry but folk metal is gay. It's not okay to have a flute in metal. Or really gay chanting.

Anyways sorry it's not embedded, not my fault.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hv43cvLRhI

Discuss.

• Members

Seems like he's calling them 'real metal' if they're part of the metal scene and subscribe to all the ideology and {censored}. Folk metal was kind of an offshoot of black metal and melodic death metal so it's not like those guys came out of left field playing that stuff.

The people he's {censored}ting on are mostly alternative/hard-rock/emo type people playing heavier music.

In other words... he's saying they are {censored} because of the type of person they are it's not necessarily 100% about the style of metal they are playing.

• Members

Seems like he's calling them 'real metal' if they're part of the metal scene and subscribe to all the ideology and {censored}. Folk metal was kind of an offshoot of black metal and melodic death metal so it's not like those guys came out of left field playing that stuff.

The people he's {censored}ting on are mostly alternative/hard-rock/emo type people playing heavier music.

In other words... he's saying they are {censored} because of the type of person they are it's not necessarily 100% about the style of metal they are playing.

Right...and that's where I was kinda offended. I mean I'm not scene or emo, I'm just an old fart, but the guy obviously has a problem with the "scene" and the look of his musicians. Who cares how they dress? Just sit back and rock out. I dunno...like I said first I agreed with some of the bands he had a problem with then I was like "hey this 'not metal' {censored} is pretty metal sounding to me."

• Members

Ugh I'm a big metal head, but I'm sorry, I don't like judging bands on non-musical {censored}. Seriously if your music is lame, you are lame. If your hair is lame or you wear girl pants? Who {censored}ing cares, rock out :rawk:

• Members
Any {censored}-tard that goes to the trouble of posting sound clips on youtube debating who is and who is not "metal"

ain't {censored}ing metal.

:rawk:

this...exactly.

And wtf listens to metal anymore? The kind of person that goes to the trouble of posting sound clips on youtube debating who is and who is not "metal"...weirdos. :freak:

• Members

I mean I'm sorry but folk metal is gay. It's not okay to have a flute in metal. Or really gay chanting.

Didn't look at the video, but I'd like to say that's it's okay to have a flute

anywhere as long as you're doing something cool with it.

Korpiklaani are coming over my area this October, it's gonna be fun.

Archived