Barber Tone Press or Diamond Compressor??

fuzzylogic220

• Members

i don't remember turning my diamond off.. that's how long ago it was.

so your saying that you turned it off so long ago that you dont remember, or that you turned it on and never got the chance to trun it off..

:)

what about it do you like so much.

I know i probably cant go wrong with either. I want something that will not color my tone to much or any at all, and id like for my pick attack to to stay intact

• Members

both are great, but i preferred the diamond.

this might be a useless way of putting it, but to me, the tone press seemed like more of an effect and the diamond more of an enhancer. that's grossly generalizing, though. the tone press does have the blend knob, which is very useful. the diamond's eq knob is killer, though.

• Members

I am in love with my Tone Press, easily the best compressor I've ever used :thu:

Always wanted to try the Diamond anyway and one day I will get a Wampler Ego Compressor, my faith in Brian Wampler's designs is enormous having owned three of his pedals so far, each with an incredible sound.

• Members

With good technique you will get all the sustain you would ever need without compression. Facepalm back at you.
:facepalm::)

and with proper reading comprehension you'd see he was saying people use compressors for more than just added sustain.

You won't get that country snap from a good vibrato....

:facepalm:

• Members

With good technique you will get all the sustain you would ever need without compression. Facepalm back at you.
:facepalm::)

You can't replicate the effects of a compressor with technique. I don't see how that's at all controversial.

• Members

Beginners use compression. To make up for weak technique. If your after country spank use a tele. If your after unlimited sustain move your hand.I quite often use compression in the studio bit I rarely see it on the boards of the touring musicians.

Maybe I'm just hanging out with the wrong players.

• Members

Beginners use compression. To make up for weak technique. If your after country spank use a tele. If your after unlimited sustain move your hand.I quite often use compression in the studio bit I rarely see it on the boards of the touring musicians.

Maybe I'm just hanging out with the wrong players.

stupidest post in this thread

so what you're saying is, a beginner would use a compressor for two different things, whereas a "pro" would just go out and buy a new guitar.

{censored}outtahere

• Members

Are you just trolling, now? How many times do you have to read "compression isn't used solely for lengthening sustain, and the other effects of compression aren't things that can be had just by playing differently" before you quit saying that it's only a crutch for those with poor technique?

And tons of professionals use compression, you're out of your head.

Archived