NPD! Blackout Effectors content...

Carlos&Cambria

• Members

Hey there, this is my first time posting a NPD and I'm doing it because it's definitely worth it!

Today I got my Blackout Effectors Twosome!

I thought the demos sounded damn good but live.. WOW, this thing kills!

The Fix'd Fuzz is a lot of fun with the tweaking, and I think it sounds best with all switches ON, amazing.

And the Musket has been on my GAS list since before I even knew what GAS is, an it deserves all the hype, great pedal, sounds extremely good with every setting, tons of tones (I know) and fun!

hellz yeah :evil:

photo56.jpg

• Members

Can you run both sides at the same time?

...and if so, can you switch back and forth between the order? M>F / F>M

Not anymore:cry:

And i think the reason why he stopped doing them that way, was because To his ears, it sounded like crap that way.

Though he did say that might change in the future.

• Members

Very nice. I like that the fix'd gain trimpots are external...but I am curious - do you find that you can get alot of different sounds using the gain knobs, or are they for more subtle tweaks to the tone?

maybe not "a lot" of different sounds, but you can definitely hear a difference, specially between 12 and 5 o'clock positions on both, IMO.

I know I've been tweaking them all the time now and enjoy the ability to do so with the external pots.

Onyxrhino, I wouldn't say you lose versatility if you never planned to stack both anyway, the only thing I'm curious about (but don't sweat over it that much) is that I would've liked to use the boost of the fix'd with the musket, but no biggie, really ;)

• Members

So, it's just two of his pedals housed in one box, without the versatility the two individual pedals would give you?

Thats what my thing has been. I mean the real appeal to the O.G. Twosome, was that you could stack them either way. And it was less than buying both the Musket and the Fix'd fuzz.

• Members

Thats what my thing has been. I mean the real appeal to the O.G. Twosome, was that you could stack them either way. And it was less than buying both the Musket and the Fix'd fuzz.

This. Without the option to stack, kinda loses some of the appeal IMO. I mean, I love boosting a muff...... seems like having that option would be a real win.

Nothing against Kyle. The Musket is brilliant. Honestly. But this is FAIL.

Archived