is it possible to change the enclosure on the ibanez tone-lok pedals?

hosebeast

• Members

I'd hope you can? I'd have thought that the pots and switch won't be mounted to the main board as on a lot of Behringers, so if you can stick a TB switch in there and presumably desolder the jacks (I assume that this would be necessary?), you should be good to go. Let us know how you get on! :thu:

• Members

just got an fz-7 and i'd like to change the enclosure to something like the MXR enclosures. is this possible, or are there issues with switches and stuff?

I'm curious as well...I have a smashbox I screw around with every now and then, and I'm not a huge fan of the switch.

Oh and awesome username

Hi-five.

• Members

thats {censored}ing dumb. god damn it, no pedal should cost more than like, $100. honestly, those moogerfrooger {censored}s are the biggest {censored}ing ripoff in the world "here, you can have this thing that might cost us like $24 dollars, tops, to produce, for about $600. have fun, sucker." so {censored}ing dumb.

• Members

thats {censored}ing dumb. god damn it, no pedal should cost more than like, $100. honestly, those moogerfrooger {censored}s are the biggest {censored}ing ripoff in the world "here, you can have this thing that might cost us like $24 dollars, tops, to produce, for about $600. have fun, sucker." so {censored}ing dumb.

Holy {censored} man, take a chill pill.

• Members

yeah, that was kind of irrelevant to my original post. it's jut reallllllly {censored}ing annoying to want something so bad, and to know that yr being charged wayyyyyyy too much for it. i wish i knew anything about electronics. i would make high end pedals and sell them for the exact amount of money it costs to manufacture them. i've seen enclosures, knobs, the boards for these things, cheap as {censored}. these companies really need to knock it the {censored} off.

• Members

This is kinda false info. I don't know what's exactly going on in the moogs stuff, but I can tell you most of it is rather unique to the moog stuff and doesn't sound like a lot of other stuff, which is part of what you are paying for. The idea and the time it took to come up with the pedal.

I can also tell you that you can't build a Delux Electric Mistress for less then the amount it would take to buy one.

you would be in the red in no time if you only charged what it took to manufacture them.

• Members

+1

• Members

yeah, that was kind of irrelevant to my original post. it's jut reallllllly {censored}ing annoying to want something so bad, and to know that yr being charged wayyyyyyy too much for it. i wish i knew anything about electronics. i would make high end pedals and sell them for the exact amount of money it costs to manufacture them. i've seen enclosures, knobs, the boards for these things, cheap as {censored}. these companies really need to knock it the {censored} off.

So you know nothing about electronics but you're absolutely convinced that pedals can be made cheaply? I would say you should talk to some of the pedal builders around here and then maybe some quiet time on the couch to keep things in perspective.

• Members

Since the only MF that cost $600 is the delay, im just going to say that there more than $24 just in BDD chips in that damn delay.

And you have to factor in labor.

• Members

yeah dont ever own a business either

• Members

i would make high end pedals and sell them for the exact amount of money it costs to manufacture them. i've seen enclosures, knobs, the boards for these things, cheap as {censored}. these companies really need to knock it the {censored} off.

And you would {censored}ing go out of business as fast as you entered it....

What will you pay your workers with??

What will you pay your shipping costs?

What will pay for your equipment and the costs for maintaining it?

What will pay your rent?

And so on...got the picture by now, plus all the paperwork, the phonebills, the bills for all kinds of {censored}...wake up man!

Archived