Does anyone ACTUALLY tongue test their batteries?

Secret Seasons

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do it all the time, it doesn't burn. I don't know what they're talking about. I have several vintage pedals that are battery powered only, so I can see that that thing would be useful if you didn't want to have to take the battery out of the pedal to test it.

• Members
I do it all the time, it doesn't burn. I don't know what they're talking about. I have several vintage pedals that are battery powered only, so I can see that that thing would be useful if you didn't want to have to take the battery out of the pedal to test it.

ok i'll admit the fact that you can just plug it into the pedal and not take out the battery is kinda cool. I didn't see that about it.

I think I've actually totally run down the battery on a vintage fuzz like 3 times ever though... I usually just wind up picking up a batch of the cheapie 99 cent "heavy duty" walgreens batteries every couple of months and replacing them. If I was gigging with one every night it might be useful I suppose.

I still hate the ad though :cop:

• Members

You don't actually burn your tongue with 9volts. But that ad actually burns my eyes coz it's so {censored}ing ugly.

Agreed, way too sexual. NSFW.

and $35 for this?:

"Stop wasting time and money - don't guess when to change batteries - KNOW with the Batt-O-Meter, the world's first battery tester for musicians.

(Requires 9 volt battery, not included)"

:facepalm:

Get a multi-meter for $15 cheaper and use it when you start building electronics, too!

Archived