What would be a reasonable price for a HM2

dunnoaname

• Members

... don't worry about MIT and MIJ they are identical

I've read that there may be differences in their power adapter requirements. Most MIT units are supposed to be 12V, and the MIJ ones are usually 9V. The MIT model that I currently have requires a 9V battery, 12V adapter, or 9V daisy chain connector to function properly. I believe that the MIJ models are typically more desirable because they are designed for use with a 9V adapter (though I've read a review of an MIJ model that made it sound as though the pedal was 12V).

• Members

I've read that there may be differences in their power adapter requirements. Most MIT units are supposed to be 12V, and the MIJ ones are usually 9V. The MIT model that I currently have requires a 9V battery, 12V adapter, or 9V daisy chain connector to function properly. I believe that the MIJ models are typically more desirable because they are designed for use with a 9V adapter (though I've read a review of an MIJ model that made it sound as though the pedal was 12V).

This is the old boss thing. As long as you're using more than one pedal on a daisychain the 12V ones work fine with 9 volt.

• Members

30 euros is a good price, don't worry about MIT and MIJ they are identical

I thought the MIJ was supposed to have "tighter bass".... I have the MIT and like it a lot but have been looking for a Japanese one. Maybe I'll just assume they are the same and stop looking.

• Members

i had both at the same time and they sounded the same to me, not sure about the 12v thing as i ran them both at 9v :eek: glad it didn't break (i thought power wise it was the standard Boss PSA ACA deal)

MIJ are more collectable i guess even though i see less MIT than MIJ :lol: and generally people think Boss MIJ pedals are better for some reason, if there was a MIJ Metal Zone people would be all over it :love:

• Members
i had both at the same time and they sounded the same to me, not sure about the 12v thing as i ran them both at 9v
:eek:
glad it didn't break (i thought power wise it was the standard Boss PSA ACA deal)

MIJ are more collectable i guess even though i see less MIT than MIJ
:lol:
and
generally people think Boss MIJ pedals are better for some reason
, if there was a MIJ Metal Zone people would be all over it
:love:

Thanks woolyh, I am going to just keep loving my MIT HM-2 then. :thu:;):thu:

Archived