Going to New York: tips, advice etc

tom_s252

• Members

Hi all

Going to New York on Monday. Looking for advice on places to go. Feel free to recommend some guitar-specific places, the guitar shops I should see or the best obscure clubs for interesting gigs etc, but some general tips would be just as welcome. Never been before so will be ticking of the major sites as well as hopefully seeing some more off-the-beaten-track stuff.

Thanks all :)

• Members

If you're here monday night, go down to the living room on ludlow street and see jim campilongo play (there's no cover), you won't be disappointed. check the current thread about him. if you time it right, you can also stop in at ludlow street guitars. it's a great shop, and only half a block away.

enjoy your visit.

• Members
If you're here monday night, go down to the living room on ludlow street and see jim campilongo play (there's no cover), you won't be disappointed. check the current thread about him. if you time it right, you can also stop in at ludlow street guitars. it's a great shop, and only half a block away.

enjoy your visit.

Will be jetlagged to hell by Monday evening, but if I can stay awake I'll certainlyl consider this one. Thanks a lot :)

• Members

Google These For Shows:

Showpaper

Under Aurora Booking

Todd P

Oh My Rockness

Cool Show Listed For Monday:

Human Eye, Terrible Twos, Stupid Party, Nude Beach @ Bruar Falls for 5 bucks.

245 Grand Street Williamsburg

Brooklyn, NY 11211

Worth the Five bones, Human Eye puts on a rediculous live show. Terrible Twos and Stupid Party are good too. Haven't heard Nude Beach.

• Members

Manhattan guitar shops:

Carmine Street Guitars
This place is a small homey one man operation.. Sometimes you can find a good deal on used stuff. A lot of weird little odds and ends there. Rick Kelly builds his own electrics there, they are mainly fine fender type guitars made from very old lumber (lately he

Archived