Do I want an AC4TV?

LR Weizel

• Members

The Night Train is a LOUD 15W. It sounds amazing, but if you are playing on playing at low volumes, you will be sad that you can't crank it. If you need something for gig volumes, though, it's great amp (not sure how clean it stays at full volume, though)

Yeah, it might be more than what I need. It's not so much the power, but the added eq flexibility. I have a 40w Blue Deluxe now, and I use a volume pot/pedal in the effects loop to make the volume more usable for me for home use. Maybe the AC4tv would be better for home use then. I think the Valve Jr. is fine, but it is a bit muddy, and it doesn't really distort until it's quite loud.

• Members
DO IT :poke:
:lol:

haha i definitly would if i had all these amps!!!!! i only have the vox but have used, and tried out all the others a bunch. ill have to see if i know anyone with these that i can borrow for a little and get a good demo together :eek:

• Members

How about a Stereo set up with a cheap Fender and the AC4TV? Would that work out for giggan?

fender for clean and ac4tv for dirt would sound pretty awesome? you woudl have to mic them for most gigs but that would sound awesome

• Members

I'll have to check what my cab rating is, whether 8ohm or 16 for the head. If it isn't 16, I may go with the combo then, which may be preferable anyway, for ease of use around the house. I think I might order one tonight, could be fun.

• Members

Yea, I have one and it is a great deal for the money. Sure you can get better low watt amps, but not at this price point. I don't gig with it, but I would use it if I my main amp was broken. The 1/4 watt setting is perfect for bedroom playing without sapping off all your tone.

• Members

Yea, I have one and it is a great deal for the money. Sure you can get better low watt amps, but not at this price point. I don't gig with it, but I would use it if I my main amp was broken. The 1/4 watt setting is perfect for bedroom playing without sapping off all your tone.

Do you have the combo or the head? Recommendations either way?

• Members

Do you have the combo or the head? Recommendations either way?

i have the head version and its awesome. it is 16 ohm output which kinda forced me into buying the matching cab. i love it though, sounds great! looks amazing. the combo is chaper then the head and the cabinet and they offer a few differenrt speaker sizes i believe. the combo version is probably the way to go if you want to get it and be done and maybe do a speaker change down the line but the look of the head and matching cab cant be beat!

• Members

I tried a lot of low wattage amps this summer and ended up with a Maz 18. The AC4TV didn't survive shipping (and was made of particle board) although it sounded pretty decent through an external cab. The Egnater Rebel 20 was better sounding but kind of fizzy. The Night Train was extremely fizzy and harsh and I actually liked it the least of the amps i tried. The Champ sounded ok but was pretty rough sounding.

Maz 18? Beautiful sound. Got one used for around 1200 and I love it. Unfortunately it's huge (2x12).

For my money, one of the best small, relatively inexpensive tube amps around right now is the Blues Jr.

Archived