OT: Where to find a 30 pound turkey?

Mattyc146

• Members

Dude, you don't want to beat that record. A 30 pound turkey will take roughly a million years to cook. You'd be better off with two 15 pounders.

If it's for charity, who has a family big enough for a 30 pound bird that they can't feed themselves? I mean, people don't lose their jobs and then invite all their cousins over for Thanksgiving hoping someone will drop off a 30 pound bird at the food bank.

Breaking this particular record seems impractical.

Anyway, I would find your nearest meat market. If they don't have one, they can probably get you one. When do you need it?

• Members

Dude, you don't want to beat that record. A 30 pound turkey will take roughly a million years to cook. You'd be better off with two 15 pounders.

If it's for charity, who has a family big enough for a 30 pound bird that they can't feed themselves? I mean, people don't lose their jobs and then invite all their cousins over for Thanksgiving hoping someone will drop off a 30 pound bird at the food bank.

Anyway, I would find your nearest meat market. If they don't have one, they can probably get you one. When do you need it?

I was poor once. Ever heard of leftovers? A 30 pound turkey could feed a family of 4 for a week.

Hot turkey sandwiches. Mmmmm.

And who cares if it takes long to cook? Brine it, tie it, and cover it in foil and it will be awesome and retain a lot of moisture while being crispy on the outside and done all the way through.

• Members

So you put the turkey in overnight or first thing when you wake up: Big deal?

Order one from the grocery store.

• Members

I was poor once. Ever heard of leftovers? A 30 pound turkey could feed a family of 4 for a week.

Hot turkey sandwiches. Mmmmm.

And who cares if it takes long to cook? Brine it, tie it, and cover it in foil and it will be awesome and retain a lot of moisture while being crispy on the outside and done all the way through.

Or you could get two 15 pounders, help two families and not worry about a school record.

I've heard of leftovers, but I've never heard of someone not getting sick of turkey for every meal after a couple of days.

Archived