Most common pedals

Joeballz

• Members

Tubescreamer

Every metal player and their mom uses one to boost their amp into melt-your-face mode.

Not True!

Rat is more commonly used for this. Because every metal player gets a Rat at some point expecting to get a good metal sound from it and is disappointed, but then they later discover it's perfect for boosting the front of their amp for awesome metal tone.

• Members

Not True!

Rat is more commonly used for this. Because every metal player gets a Rat at some point expecting to get a good metal sound from it and is disappointed, but then they later discover it's perfect for boosting the front of their amp for awesome metal tone.

No way are Rats more common in the metal scene than Tubescreamers. Whatever you're smoking I want some.

• Members

I don't know any metal players who use a Tube Screamer. Not a single one.

Fake baby metal doesn't count, either. I mean real metal bands.

its too late for me to think, but im quite sure that about every 4th metal band -- and yes i mean your hip and slightly underground metal acts -- that list their gear in guitar world use a ts.

get a subscription. its like 19 bucks a year

• Members

Not True!

All true, (YMMV though)

Saw a band two weeks ago (crap vocalist) that used a Turbo RAT to boost his Marshall JVM 410 :evil:

He had good tone - for a hi-gain amp.

Archived