zachman will always be zachman

warioblast

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Emotional disorder, I tells you. The obsession with his gear and how right he is smacks of Kittie and her crusade against trolls. Both Zach and Kittie had this huge complex about the 'fascist mods' and how they were lone voices against the sea of idiots at HC. Kittie was open about Aspergers Syndrome, and Zach gave off a lot of similarities to Kittie.

I have no problem with the breadth of his knowledge. Being knowledgeable is useless if you present it as 'I am right, you are wrong, now listen to me'.

I have suspected this as well. he must have some disorder, probably not to the same extent as kittie though.

• Members

I read an interview when he even said that he prefered NOT to use the giant rack, unless the customer asks for that sound. He also said something about growing tired of the super-processed sound of the 80's.

Cool. The thing is though, Mike Landau is the only one that could pull off that slick super-processed 80's sounds while keeping it tasteful. He always had that 'cut' in his tone, unlike a lot of other session musicians in the 80's that saturated their guitar tone in rack effects.

• Members

Cool. The thing is though, Mike Landau is the only one that could pull off that slick super-processed 80's sounds while keeping it tasteful. He always had that 'cut' in his tone, unlike a lot of other session musicians in the 80's that saturated their guitar tone in rack effects.

I think Steve Lukather managed to do that too, for the most part. But you're right, It takes a lot of talent and taste to make that sound work.

• Members

Maybe Zachman is an over-the-top astroturfer? It's gotta be more than ego in how he always posts his Bradshaw Fridge rack, and the copy-pasta. Maybe it's all orchestrated for PR purposes. Maybe Bob Bradshaw pays him to do so? Who knows?

• Members
Maybe Zachman is an over-the-top astroturfer? It's gotta be more than ego in how he always posts his Bradshaw Fridge rack, and the copy-pasta. Maybe it's all orchestrated for PR purposes. Maybe Bob Bradshaw pays him to do so? Who knows?

....or maybe Zach has Aspergers.

If you were a rack effects company trying to persuade the sceptical guitarist that racks aren't only used by men stuck in the 80s playing very boring delay-laden AOR, would you really use Zach to try to break that stereotype? :p

Archived