Most versatile delay under $200?

Kassanova

• Members

Another vote fot eh DD-20, although a used Nova Delay would be the bomb-diggity too. Both are great delay pedals. I really need to dig in and learn more about what all my DD-20 will do. I have 4 different delay times programmed into mine and that's about it, although I adjust them as needed or sometimes switch to tap tempo if it's not close enough and I can't adjust it with the knobs on the fly....

• Members

The threadstarter asked for a
versatile
delay pedal under $200... so I would say Boss DD-20, TC Nova and used Digitech Timebender...

the next best thing: Boss DD7, Digitech Hardwire DL8 & TC Nova Repeater

Exactly what I meant. Thank you. Different types of delay, tap delay, reverse delay, etc. That's what I'm looking for. I am trying to stay under $200 also.(new or used)

I'm going to check out every delay on this thread. I appreciate the suggestions, fellas.

• Members

tc electronic's nova repeater (about$150-160, really cool delay & tap tempo)
boss dd7 ($169?)

i just went through this last week, and it was down to four pedals, the two above, and the duncan delay, and the bigger brother of the repeater, the nova delay(about $250). i went with the nova delay just because of the display on it and the repeater was out of stock locally, otherwise i would have gone with the repeater as a first choice, and then the boss dd7. for me they were pretty close, but the tc stuff was a wee bit easier to use features, and the tap tempo options. good lcuk....

eric

What's the most versatile delay under $200? Digital or analog - doesn't matter as long as it does lots of stuff (reverse, etc.)

• Members

Thanks. I'm starting to consider board space as a factor. My main dirtbox is a Damage Control Solid Metal pedal and I also have a EHx Streo Polyphase that takes up some real estate as well. I suppose its not a huge factor. I'm interested in features. I'll make room for whatever I need to.

Some of these delay pedals are pretty impressive. This is going to take some time at the music store. Ugh...back to Guitar Center.

• Members

If you need to save space, need a lot of features (including a pretty basic 40 second sound on sound looper, reverse mode, analog mode, modulated mode, digital mode, tap tempo, use with an expression pedal to control any of the parameters you want) then my previous suggestion still stands (Boss DD-7). Not to mention it sounds great.

Archived