Did anyone end up getting a Malekko 616?

EzzO)))

• Members

I put off getting an MXR CC because I thought this pedal looked really promising. Did anyone here end up grabbing one? I read the HC reviews but they seemed a little mixed which surprised me. The hype surrounding this thing was pretty huge.

• Members

Really, I watched the PGS clip and I have admit it looked pretty damned cool, even the memory TOY looks good. But again I read the HC reviews and they were pretty lack luster. Still if those were just people being overly picky I wouldn't mind giving the MB a shot

• Members

I had the 616 but was pretty underwhelmed by it. The modulation was pretty over the top, and I found it mostly unusable. The early models had some noise issues too that I think have been fixed. Also, it oscillated very very easily. If these characteristics appeal to you, then it might be the delay your after.

Then I got a Memory Toy. Half the price, and just as a basic analog delay I thought it held it's own. No issues with mine, but it doesn't oscillate. But the delay time is really at 550ms as advertised, much longer than my DMM did.

Now the Toy is off the board too, cuz I got a M9, and basically it can do most of my delay needs and then some. But for a simple, basic delay the Toy is good, and I thought from videos I had heard, sounded better than the Boy, but the extra features of the Boy easily make it worth the $ too.

• Members

Yeah, I think the component mishap that Josh went through with the 616 is what killed a lot of the buzz for the pedal. And being that pedal collectors are such a fickle group of buyers anyway, it's very difficult to recover from shooting yourself in the foot like that.

For a pedal that was hyped to the magnitude that the 616 (and even the 919) has been to not have a single user demo on YouTube is quite telling.

Archived