A Question For Mr. ZACHARY VEX

mikeoxlong

• Members

If you're serious about getting an answer, you should ask the right people. Call the Long and Mcquade head office and ask why they couldn't fill your order. If they can't (or won't) answer, e-mail Zach directly or ask at the Zvex forum. Visit www.zvex.com to find the info you need.

As much as we would like it to be, HCFX is not the center of the world... :D

/Andreas

• Members

It seems the answer is right here:

http://www.zvex.com/dealers.html#Canada

Long&McQuade apparently only carries the Vexter Box of Rock and Vexter Fuzz Factory. As they are a large chain (I assume with central ordering facility) they might not want to deal with other items. Their loss, I suppose, as you should be able to get the pedal you want from one of the other 9 dealers in Canada. But you really should be asking L&Q about it.

/Andreas

• Members

It seems the answer is right here:

Long&McQuade apparently only carries the Vexter Box of Rock and Vexter Fuzz Factory. As they are a large chain (I assume with central ordering facility) they might not want to deal with other items. Their loss, I suppose, as you should be able to get the pedal you want from one of the other 9 dealers in Canada. But you really should be asking L&Q about it.

/Andreas

interesting, thanks for this... that's so fugged up! Why the hell would it matter? For all the money I've sank into that store u would think they could just do me a solid.

• Members

interesting, thanks for this... that's so fugged up! Why the hell would it matter? For all the money I've sank into that store u would think they could just do me a solid.

i think that it wasn't the stores call, it was zvex. if i remember correctly, when places like GC started carrying his {censored} he decided that he wanted to only sell the vexter series through them and keep the hand painted stuff as an exclusive to mom-and-pop dealers.

• Members

I imagine quite a lot of Canadians have sank some bucks into L&M.

They're a mainstream musical instrument chain store. You pay manufacturers suggested retail price when you go there for the most part. BUT! I like Long & McQuade. You just have to know how they're useful.

You can finance anything in their store with a drivers license and 20% of the cost of what you're buying.

They will exchange/return anything you don't like.

They'll let you buy anything to "try out" with your own gear at home, and return no problem.

They usually have a very good repair department made up of old dudes who've seen it all. If you know who to talk to you can get bulk cable and plugs for pennies from those guys.

And I'm not surprised now that they took your order for a Zvex pedal because they carry Vexter series stuff, and found out that a Whooly Mammoth is not available to them.

It was nice of them to try ordering it no???

• Members

I imagine quite a lot of Canadians have sank some bucks into L&M.

They're a mainstream musical instrument chain store. You pay manufacturers suggested retail price when you go there for the most part. BUT! I like Long & McQuade. You just have to know how they're useful.

You can finance anything in their store with a drivers license and 20% of the cost of what you're buying.

They will exchange/return anything you don't like.

They'll let you buy anything to "try out" with your own gear at home, and return no problem.

They usually have a very good repair department made up of old dudes who've seen it all. If you know who to talk to you can get bulk cable and plugs for pennies from those guys.

And I'm not surprised now that they took your order for a Zvex pedal because they carry Vexter series stuff, and found out that a Whooly Mammoth is not available to them.

It was nice of them to try ordering it no???

No I agree I love L&M,

I've been late on so many payments and they still let me finance,

I even said to them "I could have swore that shouldn't have came out on that day" and they paid me a free monthly payment...

I've gotten tons of free stuff,

they're prices are reasonable, I got my Memory Lane 2 over 100$ cheaper than anywhere else in the world.

u can order any used gear from any of their stores and have it shipped within a couple days.

That's why I am calling out z vex, I don't think it had anything to do with L&M cus they couldn't give me an explanation.

Archived