Fuzz Factory or Mastotron?

Sad Darwin

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well... I would vote for the Fuzz Factory, but the problem I could see happening is that it's not going to work that well with bass. Unless you don't mind having all that much low end on the mild settings. Though if you want a real splatty fuzz I would hit the Mastotron. Though Which would you like more? Oscillations and the crazy things a FF can do to a Synth? Or a real spitty nasty fuzz that can fit somewhere in between the FF and the Mammoth?

• Members

Well... I would vote for the Fuzz Factory, but the problem I could see happening is that it's not going to work that well with bass. Unless you don't mind having all that much low end on the mild settings. Though if you want a real splatty fuzz I would hit the Mastotron. Though Which would you like more? Oscillations and the crazy things a FF can do to a Synth? Or a real spitty nasty fuzz that can fit somewhere in between the FF and the Mammoth?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sarumawashii

View Post

You sir, have only left me with more questions icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sarumawashii

View Post

You sir, have only left me with more questions icon_lol.gif

• Members

Well answer me this...

Do you think the Fuzz Factory will be able to do anything your DBA Fuzzgun can't? I mean it can do other things the Fuzzgun can't, but do you think you need those things?

I would say forget those two and go buy the Devi pedals you wanted with the mangler. thumb.gif

• Members

Well answer me this...

Do you think the Fuzz Factory will be able to do anything your DBA Fuzzgun can't? I mean it can do other things the Fuzzgun can't, but do you think you need those things?

I would say forget those two and go buy the Devi pedals you wanted with the mangler. thumb.gif

• Members

EQ after the fuzz factory if you're concerned about the low end?

Have to say, I've owned many, many distortion and fuzz devices, from lovely old vintage to brand new booteek, low end barnstormers to squealy pig octave ups and the FF continues to impress after years cause its so damn versatile.

• Members

EQ after the fuzz factory if you're concerned about the low end?

Have to say, I've owned many, many distortion and fuzz devices, from lovely old vintage to brand new booteek, low end barnstormers to squealy pig octave ups and the FF continues to impress after years cause its so damn versatile.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sarumawashii View Post
Well answer me this...

Yeah, I'm actually pretty familiar with both at this point and they are both very different pedals. The Fuzzgun is more aggressive and has a more defined oscillation sound. It's gated tones have a "pissed off Freqbox" vibe at the right settings, something I would never give up. The Fuzz Factory has a LOT more inbetweens, more strangeness, more tweakability. It also has a more inviting character to it. It certainly has its own tone(s).

mad.gif

Why did you remind me?!??

icon_lol.gif

• Members
Well answer me this...

Yeah, I'm actually pretty familiar with both at this point and they are both very different pedals. The Fuzzgun is more aggressive and has a more defined oscillation sound. It's gated tones have a "pissed off Freqbox" vibe at the right settings, something I would never give up. The Fuzz Factory has a LOT more inbetweens, more strangeness, more tweakability. It also has a more inviting character to it. It certainly has its own tone(s).

mad.gif

Why did you remind me?!??

icon_lol.gif

• Members

On the same turn of the coin I know my Mastotron GAS won't ever subside either. It's definitely my favorite bass distortion I've ever used, and yes I've played the woolly mammoth a ton wink.gif

In that regard I'd suspect it would pwn with synths too.

I'm going to price out the Devi's and research those too.

• Members

On the same turn of the coin I know my Mastotron GAS won't ever subside either. It's definitely my favorite bass distortion I've ever used, and yes I've played the woolly mammoth a ton wink.gif

In that regard I'd suspect it would pwn with synths too.

I'm going to price out the Devi's and research those too.

• Members

I would go for the Aenima you were telling me about, get the Mangler, then stick the Aenima and the Fuzzgun into the manglers feedback loop. idea.gif

But out of those two I would go with the Fuzz Factory in a heartbeat. Though if you really need a bass fuzz go for the mastotron. I guess just decide on what you think you really need right now.

I feel like I'm trying to compare apples, oranges, and a pear though.wink.gif

Archived