Fuzz Factory or Mastotron?

Sad Darwin

• Members

The Red Panda Bitcrusher isn't an option on your poll, so I'll have to vote for the Mastotron. I had a Vexter Fuzz Factory many moons ago, could never seem to dial in the same sound more than once, and had numerous (unwanted) noise issues that related to certain patch cables and other pedals in my signal chain.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Red Panda Bitcrusher isn't an option on your poll, so I'll have to vote for the Mastotron. I had a Vexter Fuzz Factory many moons ago, could never seem to dial in the same sound more than once, and had numerous (unwanted) noise issues that related to certain patch cables and other pedals in my signal chain.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Instrospection

View Post

If you roll the stab all the way counterclockwise and then tweak the other knobs (none can be that high or that far clockwise though), it reduces the amount of treble drastically. I was about to sell mine until I finally dialed in the right settings--I realized that the drive knob is neither really mild, nor really insane at any setting--it just sort of gets a bit gainier and a bit treblier as the gain goes up, and same with the comp knob....except in that case, it just gets more squished and more treblier as it moves clockwise, and then I squelch the oscillation noises with the gate. I think that the main issue with the FF is not necessarily that there's not enough bass (the flipside of the argument is that a Muff is too bassy); rather, that there's too much treble. Someone here had mentioned the trick to the FF being in the stab knob.....and I agree. It just appears that when you move it anywhere from completely clockwise that it freaks out, but that's untrue--you just have everything else dialed up way too high, and with the sacrifice of a bit of gain, you get alot less treble and alot more useability out of it.

This post.

Is informative.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk

View Post

dead heat.

Dead Heat is a 1988 movie about an LAPD police officer, Roger Mortis (Treat Williams), killed while attempting to arrest zombies who have been reanimated by the head of Dante Laboratories in order to carry out violent armed robberies.

[edit] Plot

Resuscitated through the same means as his adversaries, Mortis attempts to track down his killer in the short time he has before his body crumbles to dust, although he now has the advantage of being near invulnerable to physical harm - an advantage not shared by his reluctant partner.

Mortis and Bigelo uncover a scheme where the lab tricks dying rich people into signing over half their life savings in return for the promise for eternal life, not telling them that the reanimation is only temporary.

In the end the villians kill and reanimate Bigelo as a mindless zombie to destroy Mortis, but Mortis is able to get through to his partner and together they go after McNab, the head of the reanimation scam. To evade capture McNab kills himself, but Mortis and Bigelow reanimate him just to kill him again and destroy the machine with McNab inside it.

Archived