Show me your bass guitars.

mike.sartori

• Members

I have the most un-hcfx bass gear on here. As much as I love vintage Fender basses it just isn't the sound that works for most of the work I'm doing right now. I yearn for the day when I need a p-bass into an SVT
:p

I'm with you (except for the love of vintage Fedners). Modern basses just feel and sound better to me. Plus, I feel like I am a WAY better with a 5 string. Feels more natural to me.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm with you (except for the love of vintage Fedners). Modern basses just feel and sound better to me. Plus, I feel like I am a WAY better with a 5 string. Feels more natural to me.

Yeah I know what you mean. I think it just depends on the music and technique you're comfortable with. Personally I'm not comfortable doing jazz jobs on Fender style basses but obviously plenty of guys use them. On the other hand if I was doing a lot of basic (I don't mean that in a bad way) music on the bass I might lean towards a Fender. The tone and look is classic and it's something people identify with. I rarely play my 7 string bass live just because I don't want to deal with the looks, questions, and attention it brings :p

• Members

Yeah I know what you mean. I think it just depends on the music and technique you're comfortable with. Personally I'm not comfortable doing jazz jobs on Fender style basses but obviously plenty of guys use them. On the other hand if I was doing a lot of basic (I don't mean that in a bad way) music on the bass I might lean towards a Fender. The tone and look is classic and it's something people identify with. I rarely play my 7 string bass live just because I don't want to deal with the looks, questions, and attention it brings
:p

Yeah, it was fairly sobering when I realized that no band that actually made money would ever let me use my Dingwal live!

Archived