Moog Guitar

Kaux

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

they should advertise this as "Instant Michael Brook ... just add Eventide!"

or maybe they could advertise it as "Bound to go the same route as the Hartmann Nueron and Korg Oasys"....pricing themselves out of the market...but if it tracks perfect for any type of playing I will be impressed....and for that price it better track PERFECT! :mad::mad::mad:

• Members

I think they'll sell a bunch of them, even at that price.

There are a lot of guitar guys out there that have 20+ guitars. You know, two or three of each flavor- strats, Les Pauls, Ricks, etc. This will give them a new thing to collect.

That being said, this product will fly off the shelf if a big time guitar hero embraces it. If none of those guys use it, it will fall into novelty category.

• Members

:freak:

"The Moog strings that come with guitar have a specific metallurgy designed to work with the Moog Pick-ups. Other strings will work in emergency situations but the guitar will respond best with Moog strings"

• Members

"The Moog strings that come with guitar have a specific metallurgy designed to work with the Moog Pick-ups. Other strings will work in emergency situations but the guitar will respond best with Moog strings"

Woah! Not only is Moog catering to the mullet crowd, but they've stooped to audiophile BS as well. :lol:

• Members

Is it filled with argon gas?

Moog is capable of such weirdness, this seems ... unfortunately tame for something they'd have to put so much into. Maybe they are outsourcing a good bit of the production.

I still think they can do a lot weirder synth/pedal stuff.

The world has enough guitars.

I should also add the videos bore me about as much as a lot of synth knob tweaking videos do. Maybe someone should play it producing some sort of interesting sound, perhaps.

• Members

I wasn't impressed with the sound. Some the demo sounded like a Sitar, some of it sounded like a traditional electric guitar connected to some effects pedals.

I do commend Moog for trying something different.

yeah Im not sure how extensive you can get with the sound and have it still be useable as a lead instrument...but all in all from the video it sounded kinda cool but nowhere cool enough to even spend half of what they want for it.

Archived