Ibanez TS-10 tubescreamer or equivalent?

Kelly Briggs

• Members

I used to have an Ibanez TS-10 tubescreamer that I loved. Unfortunately I traded it in for a multi effects unit. I can still find the TS10's on **** from time to time, but I am looking for something that sounds the same only a little sturdier. I've tried the 808's and the 9's and they sound a bit different from the 10. I've heard that the Maxon OD808 is very similar but can't find one locally to try out.

• Members

I'm honestly surprised that the TS-10 doesn't go for big money, despite the plastic case and maybe less rugged build quality than a TS-808 or TS-9. They can be had from $60-$100 now and considering the prices of old TS-9's and TS-808's, that's still a hell of a bargain. I like the tone sweep on the TS-10 more than on current JRC4558D production TS-9's even.

• Members

Just picked up a TS-10. Not much difference at all between this one and my 1980 TS808

hmm... i beg to differ.

i have had both a TS808 first run, and a TS10. I have found the TS10 to be a bit thin and more shrill than an 808. I currently run an 808 thru the amp, and can't be more satisfied.

not be a corksniffer or like that, I just found the 10 series to be lacking somehow.

I used to collect em, and sold em off eventually. The only one left is the fatcat FC10.

Archived