UK residents, whats the deal with Dizzee Rascal?

sabriel9v

• Members

Yep, was going to bring that up. I love Guthrie's playing generally, but his contributions to the Dizzee performances that I've seen were amazingly cool.

I think it sounds cheesy as {censored}, some dude just shredding over grime and totally out of place. But if the public like it...

• Members

he went mainstream and threw out some {censored} songs to get a quick chart hit...

he was sooo good earlier on, but fuuuck me has he just lost all respect i had for him

Every musician wants to hit the charts. Those who don't, are not capable of doing so.

• Members

I think it sounds cheesy as {censored}, some dude just shredding over grime and totally out of place. But if the public like it...

Yes, I agree... I forget, I didn't like all of them. But I really liked his playing on Bulls on Parade, whatever programme that was on. Very cool solo.

• Members

Every musician wants to hit the charts. Those who don't, are not capable of doing so.

i agree, and im sure i would do the same...

but he has turned into an artist i dont like and he has appeared to abandon his fanbase so he can score a hit with teenage girls and drunks

just my opinion though:wave:

• Members

i agree, and im sure i would do the same...

but he has turned into an artist i dont like and he has appeared to abandon his fanbase so he can score a hit with teenage girls and drunks

just my opinion though:wave:

I'll never claim to know anything about hip-hop or grime, but this is generally how I feel.

• Members

ykKFDMx9l7o

Most of the lingo in his early {censored} must be pretty hard to understand to a lot of people, especially Americans. It's pretty hard to get a lot of it if you're not from London.

Pretty to think he made this whole album just in the computer rooms at his school. I remember when this came out it was really different to anything else. It still sounds really unique.

Archived