curling

orangesix

• Members

I {censored}ing love curling, it's almost all strategy. The thrower from england is so {censored}ing accurate.

I don't think any of them are English mate. I'm not trying to be pedantic just showing some respect for my Scottish cousins. :)

• Members

I don't think any of them are English mate. I'm not trying to be pedantic just showing some respect for my Scottish cousins.
:)

lol, the dude on the team from england I watched last night was pwning. Do Scottish athletes compete for the english team? same with Whales/Northern Ireland?

• Members

lol, the dude on the team from england I watched last night was pwning. Do Scottish athletes compete for the english team? same with Whales/Northern Ireland?

There is no 'English' team at the Olympics.. it's team 'Great Britain' ... and all the women curlers are Scottish as far as I'm aware. That's what I was saying... they wouldn't appreciate being called English anymore than I would someone calling me Welsh. :)

• Members

There is no 'English' team at the Olympics.. it's team 'Great Britain' ... and all the women curlers are Scottish as far as I'm aware. That's what I was saying... they wouldn't appreciate being called English anymore than I would someone calling me Welsh.

I was watching them yesterday, and the announcers couldn't stop referring to them as "Scotland".

• Members

There is no 'English' team at the Olympics.. it's team 'Great Britain' ... and all the women curlers are Scottish as far as I'm aware. That's what I was saying... they wouldn't appreciate being called English anymore than I would someone calling me Welsh.

international fail.

thanks guys.

• Members

I was watching them yesterday, and the announcers couldn't stop referring to them as "Scotland".

well they are the scottish team technically.

in the world curling championships, like the football world cup, we compete as the individual nations; england, scotland, wales and northern ireland. in the olympics we compete as great britain.

but as nobody in england, wales and northern ireland plays curling, they don't enter, and for the olympics the scottish team simply takes off their scotland uniform and put on a great britain one.

Archived