Response, then I'm out of here

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Next month i'm buying SH-2 and SH-3a!
:cool:

Don. Be a real man and get a SH-3 like me. And dammit get a Jup-6.

:cop:

Enjoy tha toys.

:wave:

Guest Anonymous

nice logic

Thank u. After anaylizing other peoples lives after abortion was decided my own opinion was formed. Is there a better way to form a opinion? Maybe I should just ask the forum there opinion just like asking about a synth.

Right? :confused:

Guest Anonymous

If you don't give a {censored} and just don't want a baby, who's to say you can't get an abortion?

Not me. It's not my baggage. It's just a fuked up form of birth control.

:thu:

If you have ever watched your baby being born and hold it minutes later it will change you for ever. As your kid grows up and reminds you of yourself and/or yours parents or relatives it's a real slap in the face of reality.

:love:

You might not give a {censored} about all this or my opinion and that's fine.

Oh yeah. I know another girl that has had multiple abortions as a form of birth control. What a sad, mentally fuked up chick.

:eek:

• Members

Oh yeah. I know another girl that has had multiple abortions as a form of birth control. What a sad, mentally fuked up chick.

All very legitimate points, But couldn't the same type of person who WOULD use abortion as birth control be just as likely to drown her sorrows in booze and irresponsibility should abortion be made illegal?

but enough arguing, I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong. I was only stating that the process from which your conclusion was drawn was rather short-sighted in the grand scheme of things

I believe that you are right in that abortion is not something to be taken lightly as it is a HUGE decision to make. Not thinking it through could very well result in mental trauma.

but tisk tisk tisk to me, I can't help but be objective on the topic

the only really interesting opinions are formed harshly, honestly, and subjectively

(hence how this thread was started)

P.S.- My Poly 800 Moog Killer mod is complete--pics up soon

Guest Anonymous

but enough arguing, I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong. I was only stating that the process from which your conclusion was drawn was rather short-sighted in the grand scheme of things.

I have named five lives that changed because of abortion and I could tell a few more stories so, and i'm not being a smart ass. What can I do to really form a short-sighted opinion?

Guest Anonymous

a bad form of birth control, yes.

but would you choose to enforce your opinions on the lives of others? considering it only really affects them?

and yes, i would include women who have had abortions in that vote.

Not enforce but, express. The final decision will be made by the girl that walks through that door. Right?

Abortion is one thing I would never stand in front of a clinic and petition against.

• Members

I have named five lives that changed because of abortion and I could tell a few more stories so, and i'm not being a smart ass. What can I do to really form a short-sighted opinion?

You mean a non-short-sighted opinion? Well you could start by trying to be empathetic towards every possible situation imaginable, as difficult as that may be.

and do please keep the graphic propaganda to yourself, I remain un-phased and it only stands to make you seem desperate in making your argument

Guest Anonymous

Well you could start by trying to be empathetic towards every possible situation imaginable, as difficult as that may be.

It's not difficult to be empathetic towards every possible situation imaginable but, at the end of the mind trip I come right back to my stated opinion. Do you really want a girl with a bunch of post-abortion mental baggage? Not me.

:poke:

I've been threw a few. At first you wonder why the girl acts the way she does and then you learn her history.

:eek:

• Members

Since i am from Denmark (yup, abortion heaven ;) ) i must know a lot of women that have had an abortion. But it is not an issue that comes up often in conversation (obviously).

However, those i know are not all unhappy with the decision. They did it for a reason.

What might make things different here is that the general view on abortion is that it is a perfectly good way to stop unwanted pregnancies, and that there is no stigma attached to it - meaning that the only stress a woman experiences is that of her own conscience, but not that of her surroundings too.

If your surroundings are supportive, rather than condemning i think that the "mental baggage" resulting from abortion is far less than when having one in a strongly religious country.

Guest Anonymous

Since i am from Denmark (yup, abortion heaven
;)
) i must know a lot of women that have had an abortion. But it is not an issue that comes up often in conversation (obviously).

However, those i know are not all unhappy with the decision. They did it for a reason.

What might make things different here is that the general view on abortion is that it is a perfectly good way to stop unwanted pregnancies, and that there is no stigma attached to it - meaning that the only stress a woman experiences is that of her own conscience, but not that of her surroundings too.

If your surroundings are supportive, rather than condemning i think that the "mental baggage" resulting from abortion is far less than when having one in a strongly religious country.

Great to have another view at something complex and sensitive as the A word.

• Members

Don't use abortion as a form of birth control. If a man is not ready to stand up to the challenge of children because of a "little accident" then blow it on the belly or up the ass. Don't chance mentally {censored}ing up your own mind or the mind of your lover.

This is also a true story.

A girl gets date-raped at a club, gets pregnant. Due to her values, she refuses to have an abortion. Has kid. Suffers mental breakdown, gets committed to psych hospital. Starts a nice chain of unrelated run-ins with our fine legal system. These days, she's recovering, but occasionally is suicidal.

What does this say about abortion? Nothing.

Yes, abortion is a lousy form of birth control. But your conclusion is the wrong reason, because all your evidence is anecdotal.

• Members

hey i'm still down here at the Cloven Hoof. i'm drunk as Tom Baker on a bad day and NO ONE from KSS is here.

what gives?

The Cloven Hoof? Sounds like a great place. I'll be there just as soon as I get this turret press working and the company's main fileserver back online...

Cheers!

bier.jpg

• Members

Burster quit bragging about all the unstable chicks you hang out with.. On a serious note,when someone is still a child or immature and making bad decisions,how can they handle the repercussions of something so serious.Their reactions speak to how emotionally young or unprepared they are,it's more evidence that maybe they shouldn't have children.

I'd like to add I know an opera singer and doctor who made bad one night stand decisions in college.They are now successful,and the children they have are in families...not broken households created by children having children.

This is my anecdotal evidence.

• Members

hey i'm still down here at the Cloven Hoof. i'm drunk as Tom Baker on a bad day and NO ONE from KSS is here.

what gives?

Kinda long drive for me....

Were y'at - Galesburg or something like that?

(Our co. has a plant in Galesburg, but I've never been there)

Archived