It's International Women's Day Today!

hot_karl

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The resemblance is uncanny.
:lol:

I work with a wonderful person named Tarja. I'm inclined to give anyone of that name the initial benefit of the doubt.

I remember back when it became a topic on the show he would do side-by-sides and the pictures they were using of her... man, they were very close!!!

• Members
Why Jisatsu! I had no idea you were such a keenly insightful and extremely well educated political scientist! And I thought you were just a stupid troll. You poor, sweet, misunderstood Rock Star. :poke:

So many people can't see past your your boorish manner and weak taunts to the giant within. Your true brilliance is hard to see when you misspell the names of the women, AND the political institutions, AND the nations you are lecturing me about. Most people would conclude (unfairly) that you do not know your ass from a hole in the ground.

But they would be wrong! You are actually wise beyond your years! Spelling and grammar don't matter to the great ones among us- it's all about your big, manly ideas, right?

You argue that Nina
Bang
of Denmark and
Sirimavo
Bandaranaike of Sri Lanka in their days were actually way more powerful, important, and influential than any of the silly modern woman "leaders" of the insignificant so-called "nations" I mentioned.

Your claim is interesting because at first glance it appears to be completely ridiculous. And even at second and third glance. But apparently you have some wildly unconventional and brilliantly fresh way to analyze modern history that tells a different story. You know truths that cannot be found in the dull conventional wisdom of lesser minds. Wow- I find that wildly attractive. I can't wait for you to tell me why!

Hey, let's play a game! I'll set up the facts like bowling pins for you to knock down with your razor wit (sic) and/or sneer at with your super attractive (NOT) contemptuous male attitude, OK? This table shows how the nations of female leaders you admire (Team Jisatsu) stack up against and the nations of female leaders I admire (Team Rawkkitten):

Nation, Population (millions), GDP (billions), Size (thousands of sq km)

Team Jisatsu

Sri Lanka 21.0M $ 100B 65K

Denmark 5.5M $ 202B 43K

Team Rawkkitten

Pakistan 177.3M $ 474B 804K

Germany 82.0M $2,805B 357K

Argentina 41.3M $ 58B 2,767K

Chile 16.7M $ 239B 757K

Ireland 4.3M $ 170B 70K

United Kingdom 61.3M $2,156B 245K

A silly woman like me might look at this and conclude that Sri Lanka is less important than Pakistan. But the wise man snorts and scoffs at Pakistan! Despite the fact that it is 12.5x as big as Sri Lanka, with 8.5x Sri Lanka's population and almost 5x Sri Lanka's gross domestic product, you have secret reasons to conclude that Pakistan is inferior. Sure Pakistan has nuclear weapons and is more or less constantly at war with our other nuclear-armed ally India. In fact Pakistan is the strategic linchpin to American political ambitions in the whole hemisphere. But those details are only so many red herrings to distract the ignorant, right? You have some fabulously subtle and awesomely clever reasons for writing that nation off and I can't imagine what they might be. Please tell me- I must know! To help motivate you, I'll even undo one button on my blouse for every great reason you come up with. Great minds are hot. Show me what you've got.
:love:

And then there's Germany! Thank you so much for clearing up my misconceptions about that meaningless joke of a place. Just because it has 16x the population of Denmark and 14x as large an economy and 8.5x the landmass, I thought that maybe Germany was more important than Denmark. Ha! Yeah, so Germany (and Angela Merkel) pretty much call the shots for the whole European Union, but you say that doesn't mean Chancellor Merkel (now in her second term) is any kind of true leader, right? You know she just drifts aimlessly from dinner party to dinner party just like those former do-nothing Chancellors Otto von Bismarck and Adolf Hitler did, right? Why should Chancellor Merkel get any respect? If she had any ambition at all she'd quit her sucky day job pretending to run Germany and try to line up an internship baking Danish cookies for that towering giant of international clout and world dominance that is Denmark! If they'd even let her in to stink up their oh so awesome nation.

You are such a big, smart man to have figured all of that out! I simply can't imagine how you reached those outside the box viewpoints. Please, please tell me! I'll gaze at you admiringly and tease you with my ample cleavage while you explain all that complicated, manly political stuff to little ol' me. Smart talk is hot. Make ten great rhetorical points and my shirt comes off.

This is no argument. You've got nothing. :poke:Besides you've never seen a rack like this on a 12yo.

Shaking hands with the unemployed, are we?
:lol:

That's Ms Troll to you, Wankerboy. Now get busy and prove you are no stupid troll. You've got two strikes already.

RK

I'm afraid your long-winded, rambling plethora of petty insults and Wikipedia copypasta has done nothing to enhance anyone's notion of the human female on this forum.

In fact, quite the opposite.

• Members
Well, let's see...

She's keeping her cool. You are losing your cool and letting her see you sweat.

She's got the moral high ground. She challenges your opinions, and asks you to step up and explain yourself. You respond with vulgar ad hominum personal attacks. Again and again.

She's way funnier than you. And her humor is intentional.

When she played the spelling card, you started squealing like a stuck pig.

Yeah you keep making that very broad statement. And she keeps asking you to explain specifically what the hell you are talking about. You keep avoiding her questions, conveying the sense that you don't really know what you're talking about.

And last, but certainly not least, after days of bloviating about Benazir Bhutto, you showed just how much you really know about her by writing this:

:eekphil:

I rest my case.

Wow dude, can you even read? At all? Where did I lose my cool? I'm sorry but, the vulgur ad hominum attacks? Are you seriously that dense? She's funnier than me? Wow you got it bad dude. You do know she's underaged right? And the spelling card? I didn't misspell anything to be honest. Her spelling problem is a matter of opinion, much like Check and Cheque; Favorite and Favourite. The fact that you are latching on to that (like she did of course), shows that you are as ignorant and short sighted as she is.

And my quip about Pakistan, really guy? Do you not understand irony? Did you even read my statement? Being dragged out and shot? When she was...literally...dragged out and...oh wait shot?

Ok how about I elaborate about leadership. A good leader wouldn't have had multiple assasination attempts resulting in the end product of...death. I fail to see how any of the points Ms Troll pointed out have anything to do with leading a country. In this case, it's hard to lead when you are dead.

I rest my case to you bud. Good job being wrong. Again. At least this time you showed some maturity and didn't do the whole "ZOMGLOLOLROFLCANISEXPLSIHELPINSULTGUYWHOYOUDONTGETALONGWITHLADYLOLOLOL" thing again. I applaude you. Next time, try paying attention to things like subtleties and the actual topic at hand.

• Members
Wow dude, can you even read?
:blah:

You are doing that tragically lame and boring internet forum thing. You know, the one where a guy expresses himself so poorly that no one can understand what he means, and then he churlishly lays into anyone trying to talk to him for being too stupid to read his mind through all the garbled words? It is a very old and very tired act.

Not sure what your head is made of, but the military could use it to armor tanks.

I stand by everything I said.

Your statements about Bhuto are absurd. The list of assassinated U.S. public figures contains some of the most prominent leaders our nation has ever known. King? The Kennedys? Lincoln?

Open up a window, keyboard cowboy, you could use a little fresh air.

• Members

You are doing that tragically lame and boring internet forum thing. You know, the one where a guy expresses himself so poorly that no one can understand what he means, and then he churlishly lays into anyone trying to talk to him for being too stupid to read his mind through all the garbled words? It is a very old and very tired act.

Not sure what your head is made of, but the military could use it to armor tanks.

I stand by everything I said.

Your statements about Bhuto are absurd. The list of assassinated U.S. public figures contains some of the most prominent leaders our nation has ever known. King? The Kennedys? Lincoln?

Open up a window, keyboard cowboy, you could use a little fresh air.

Read my mind? I was pretty clear with everything I said. Speaking of atypical forum behavior, you are the guy who lurks until he sees an opportunity to gang up on someone, then gets called out for being totally off topic, then has to man up to the internet tough guy act.

I laid into you because you didn't read either of the posts, fixated on one comment, didn't get it, and got called out on it, and you are still trying to defend a moot point. I don't need any fresh air, because the only one here who has a problem is you.

• Members
...you sound pretty immature and childish. That's my job, remember? I'm the dumb guy...

You seem really obtuse and unpleasant. But I'm glad your sense of humor has not been competely killed off!

You can't seem to decide if I am actually a child, or an adult who acts like one. Coming from you, I'll take either as a compliment. If you are offering your own act as an example of appropriate adult behavior, then I don't want to grow up.

Your appetite for exchanging lame insults is bigger than mine. I'm always up for intelligent discussion, but if you've got nothing of value to share then I'll leave you to stew in your bile.

It's a beautiful day. I'm going to go outside and play with positive people who love me. If you know any, you should do the same.

See you around,
RK
:wave:

• Members
You seem really obtuse and unpleasant. But I'm glad your sense of humor has not been competely killed off!

You can't seem to decide if I am actually a child, or an adult who acts like one. Coming from you, I'll take either as a compliment. If you are offering your own act as an example of appropriate adult behavior, then I don't want to grow up.

Your appetite for exchanging lame insults is bigger than mine. I'm always up for intelligent discussion, but if you've got nothing of value to share then I'll leave you to stew in your bile.

It's a beautiful day. I'm going to go outside and play with positive people who love me. If you know any, you should do the same.

See you around,

RK

:wave:

Growing up sucks (so does being cynical), your intelligent discussions are kinda skewed, lame insults are fun, sense's of humor are overrated, it's grey outside here and I've worked all night, however I shall be getting out as soon as my morning nap is over.

Enjoy your sunny day kiddo.

4_pS46YRMIQ

• Members

Well, let's see...

She's keeping her cool. You are losing your cool and letting her see you sweat.

She's got the moral high ground. She challenges your opinions, and asks you to step up and explain yourself. You respond with vulgar ad hominum personal attacks. Again and again.

She's way funnier than you. And her humor is intentional.

When she played the spelling card, you started squealing like a stuck pig...

+1

I loved the 'Oh, my bad grammar was just a ruse to provoke you!' statement and the 'if you disagree with me it's 'cause she's a lady and you are sticking up for her!' line too.

• Members

+1

I loved the 'Oh, my bad grammar was just a ruse to provoke you!' statement and the 'if you disagree with me it's 'cause she's a lady and you are sticking up for her!' line too.

Wow, is this the lurkers unite thread? I guess you don't know how to read either. In my post I said I was using bad grammar right then and there as a provocation. And my major qualm with Surferbeto was the fact that he butted in, didn't really pay attention to anything either of us said (much like you), and then acted upset when called out.

Remember I never actually disagreed with anything the RK said other than the women she posted being actual "leaders" of any calibre worthy of praise.

You guys are too tough for me. I bow out gentlemen. Enjoy your internet win. GG PWN CA$HMONEY $$ zzZZZzzzz and all that jazz.

• Members

Jesus Jisatsu, you really don't know how to treat a woman.

You started off wrong. First that you've got to agree that women should be treated as equals, with the same rights, responsibilities and privileges as men, you know, appeal to their feminist side. Most women are feminists, even if they haven't internalized the ideology.

After that, you continue, and point out the current state of the feminist movement. Quote some statistics saying that women are granted custody of children 85% of the time in family court, and that in some states it's legally impossible for a woman to rape a man. Then you're going to want to say that un-PC words like 'chick' and 'babe' are really just analogs of 'dude' and 'guy,' and that it is the feminists themselves who made those words unacceptable. After that you could go into a story where, oh, say that your college had an entire wing of a building as the woman's studies wing - an entire wing dedicated to women where men had nothing. Then maybe tell a story about how a friend you know was falsely accused of rape and spend 4 years in prison.... maybe a long drawn out story about that girl you overheard in your dorm regretting that guy she hooked up with last weekend, and now she's thinking about going to the cops.

Then you could easily transition back to the roots of feminism, citing true equality and comparing it to the current reality; that women no longer want to be equal, they would like to be 'super-equal.' A nice Animal Farm reference in there would do you good.

That, Jisatsu, is how to treat a woman.

Archived