NAD (+some random other gear)

Lock

• Members

After soliciting advice on a cheap tube amp from you classy gentlemen, I managed to score a peavey delta blues 210 for $350 cdn:

DSCF0519.JPG

DSCF0520.JPG

I've only played with it for a bit. I'll get to see how it holds up at a practice on Wednesday.

It's in pretty decent shape - the wear on the handle is the only issue (well, the footswitch is pretty ugly, but I think I can get over that). The previous owner also installed a tube tamer and swapped out the tone caps to increase bass response and smooth the gain channel. I've never played a stock one, so I don't know how much of a change it made, but it sounds good.

I've been borrowing a HRD (it's in the background) and I prefer the BD, especially since used HRDs go for 550-650 here. The clean channels are both nice, but the reverb and 2nd channel on the BD are better. And the tremolo is nice to have on hand.

I've also borrowed a 71 pbass to use with another band (pete seeger-y folk music):

DSCF0522.JPG

And I found a used echo park and lpb-1. I really like the echo park. I hope the reliability issues are exaggerated.

DSCF0528.JPG

DSCF0529.JPG

• Members

Yeah, the guy who sold it was super nice and knew that he was giving me a bit of a deal. He delivered it from an hour away and told me to give him a call if anything went wrong.

I hope my echo park lasts more than two years, but I got it pretty cheap and I guess I'd still have either the module or the dock.

• Members

wow dude. 3 great scores there. I've never seen the 2x10 model before but the 1x15 DB's are killer. Dang I wish I knew the DB's had trem on them...I might have gotten that instead of my Classic 50 4x10...

Awesome day for you!

• Members

wow dude. 3 great scores there. I've never seen the 2x10 model before but the 1x15 DB's are killer. Dang I wish I knew the DB's had trem on them...I might have gotten that instead of my Classic 50 4x10...

Awesome day for you!

Thanks! The pedals were from a few weeks ago, but it's been a good month.

Archived