OT: Just saw AIR perform in Orlando - Super Groovy!!!

• Members

I love AIR. Cherry Blossom Girl, Surfing on a Rocket, and New Star in the Sky have to be my three favorite songs.
:love:

"Cherry Blossom Girl" sounded amazing. I couldn't believe they were able to pull it off as a trio, but they totally made it work. The harmonies were impeccable and definitely live, though heavily effected.

I was bummed that they didn't play "New Star in the Sky", "Surfing on a Rocket" or "Universal Traveler" :cry: But they did an amazing job of "Venus" :love:

• Members

Air is awesome! I love Moon Safari!
:D
Sounds like you had a good time!
:thu:
Show was all sold out when they played here a little while ago
:(

:wave: I could definitely see AIR selling out in the Netherlands. Electronic music is big there, isn't it?

I felt very fortunate that they chose to come to Orlando. They aren't playing very many US dates other than the major cities. I guess Orlando has a minor reputation for electronic music appreciation. I wish more great bands would come through here.

http://www.songkick.com/artists/458149-air/calendar

• Members

Saw them last year. Thought it sounded cool, but was very boring to watch.

I enjoyed the light show and thought it was inventive for a lower budget production. I respect the economy of what they are doing. Big spectacles on the scale of something like U2 or Lady Gaga usually don't impress me much anyway. I'm there to listen and groove to the music.

• Members

Big spectacles on the scale of something like U2 or Lady Gaga usually don't impress me much anyway. I'm there to listen and groove to the music.

I totally agree. I'm not going to see a Vegas revue. I just want to see the band rockin' out their songs on stage. If I want to see costume changes and Broadway show back drops, I'll go see a Cher concert, or Lord of the Dance... never in a million years.

Archived