Have You Considered Making A Second Smaller Board For Easy Trasportation?

hot_karl

• Members

I have a four pedal board for easy transport. Cool Cat Fuzz > POG2 > BYOC Envelope Filter > Some analog delay pedal I bought from a guy.

All powered on a One Spot.

Much more compact and light than my main board (see sig)

• Members

Yeah. I had a giant board for the longest time with basically every effect I could ever need, but then I eventually realized for my band I was only using gain and delay pedals, so I knocked it down to a PT-Jr. One of the best decisions I've made in a long time. I still have my M13 and stuff here for messing around with, but for gigs, PT-Jrs are just much more manageable.

• Members

I'm the same way...
Had one ginormous board for playing with this jamband, a separate setup for a latin/rock band that was in a smaller Pedaltrain case, just wah, tuner, tubescreamer, J&H as that was all I needed.

Plus I have another board with some goodies on it for rehearsals, & light gigs.

My airplane/tour board normally just consists of Tuner, Wah (maybe), Whammy, TS808, Jekyll & Hyde, DL4, MM4, DOD440, and sometimes Holy Grail. Fits in a carry-on case for air travel. sometimes I leave the wah/filters home too.

• Members

I was just thinking about this the other day. I have one pedal board that holds about 12 pedals and I find that I only use about 6 of them consistantly. I might get a smaller board that I can take anywhere and just put those pedals on it. I would also then have room to put some of my other pedals I have on my shelf back on my main board. The only thing is that I think I would have to get another power supply.

• Members

every time I pick up my board. I have a hardcased PT-2. Sucks to carry, but I love that I know nothing is gonna get {censored}ed when an amp or something shifts in the back of the car.

PT-2 is the perfect size for me. Big enough for options, small enough to be manageable.

• Members

I have been considering getting a pedal train jr. and filling it with 4-5 of my favorite pedals just to be able to take with me on flights.

4 or 5 pedals on a PTJR? They must be big box E.H. pedals. I can fit about 12 pedals on my JR when I had it.

• Members

every time I pick up my board. I have a hardcased PT-2. Sucks to carry, but I love that I know nothing is gonna get {censored}ed when an amp or something shifts in the back of the car.

PT-2 is the perfect size for me. Big enough for options, small enough to be manageable.

I'm considering getting a pt-2, just for neatness purposes and what not, the board I have now is bigger but would probably wield the same board space considering the power supplies could be mounted below.... it's just the case for the pedal trains are so heavy and bulky,

what are the dimensions of the hard case if u don't mind? Edit: never mind it's right on their site :facepalm:

• Members

I only have 5 pedals in my chain right now, but that still requires a 12x30 board. Damn me and my irrational need for big box EHX.

I hear u man, the origional pog and microsynth are butt{censored}ing me over.... I don't know if I can part with my current pog (cus the new one doesn't have an input slider), but a new microsynth may help a lot.

• Members

I hear u man, the origional pog and microsynth are butt{censored}ing me over.... I don't know if I can part with my current pog (cus the new one doesn't have an input slider), but a new microsynth may help a lot.

my pog2 has a "dry" slider - isn't that the same thing?

• Members

I only have 5 pedals in my chain right now, but that still requires a 12x30 board. Damn me and my irrational need for big box EHX.

This is basically my main board. A mixer, HOG, Foot Controller, Frequency Analyzer and a big ass envelope filter the size of a Flanger Hoax or whatever. That's the main thing. A tap tempo switch, a TB loop, Small Stone, Micro Metal Muff and two delays though, that definitely adds up. But most of the space is taken up by overly large pedals to begin with.

Archived