NAD: Egnater Tweaker

DanJep

• Members
You should keep in mind that that is strictly my opinion.

Of course. :)

I'm just finding it hard to believe they're that drastically different...especially if the Rebel 20 is using it's 6v6's. :)

Hey, are you using the ZIM with the new amp? :confused:

If you ever end up selling the ZIM, contact me first. I'll definitely buy it back from you. :D

• Members
Of course.
:)

I'm just finding it hard to believe they're that drastically different...especially if the Rebel 20 is using it's 6v6's.

Hey, are you using the ZIM with the new amp?
:confused:

If you ever end up selling the ZIM, contact me first. I'll definitely buy it back from you.
:D

IMO they are different animals but they certainly have some overlap. The USA/AC/Brit switch really does make quite a noticeable difference. It feels a lot more versatile than the rebel ever did to me.

It broke my heart, but I had to sell the ZIM a few weeks back :cry:. I should've emailed you and I apologize that I didn't. I had an unexpected financial crisis and had to sell a few pieces very quickly that I really loved and the ZIM was one of them.

• Members

nice, very nice...:thu:

i REALLY like my egnater rebel 112x cab....sounds like a baby 4x12 :love:

would very much like to check out the Tweaker amp.....didn't like the Rebel amp enough to buy one....maybe the Tweaker is more up my alley!

• Members
IMO they are different animals but they certainly have some overlap. The USA/AC/Brit switch really does make quite a noticeable difference. It feels a lot more versatile than the rebel ever did to me.

It broke my heart, but I had to sell the ZIM a few weeks back
:cry:
. I should've emailed you and I apologize that I didn't. I had an unexpected financial crisis and had to sell a few pieces very quickly that I really loved and the ZIM was one of them.

Damn. Sorry you had to sell it. I would have happily loaned you the money you were asking for the pedal so you could have held on to it if you didn't want to part with it. :(

• Members
Damn. Sorry you had to sell it. I would have happily loaned you the money you were asking for the pedal so you could have held on to it if you didn't want to part with it.
:(

Well, I thank you for being willing Ty. Means a lot. :wave:

• Members
All the econo line Egnater stuff is made in China.

Oh and HNAD

Yep. But the build quality is pretty solid...and of course the tone is nice.

If it's designed, spec'd and QC'd well, MIC doesn't have to be crap. :)

I was pretty skeptical when companies were moving some (and in some cases, all) of their tube amp manufacturing to China, but I've played enough of them over the last few years to feel comfortable relying on them. Plus I always take the new ones into my amp tech to have him check for bad solder joints and improve the parts quality if need be. I've only had one that needed a couple of solder joints touched up and I upgraded the tubes and speakers on some of them, but other than that, they performed and sounded great. The Egnaters were the first ones I didn't change a thing on. :)

• Members

Happy new amp day!!!!!

I have a Rebel 20 head and love it but have been contemplating picking up a Tweaker. I may just wait until my most recent purchase is paid off and then pick one up and keep the one I like best. But if they sound different enough from one another I just know I will want to keep both! What to do, what to do. . .

• Members

Happy new amp day!!!!!

I have a Rebel 20 head and love it but have been contemplating picking up a Tweaker. I may just wait until my most recent purchase is paid off and then pick one up and keep the one I like best. But if they sound different enough from one another I just know I will want to keep both! What to do, what to do. . .

I absolutely love this amp. I have a tophat embassy that I think is absolutely killer and right now, the tweaker totally blows it out of the water, especially in terms of flexibility. the USA/AC/Brit switch REALLY works especially between AC and Brit. IMO it's a different (and better) animal than the rebel.

• Members
I absolutely love this amp. I have a tophat embassy that I think is absolutely killer and right now, the tweaker totally blows it out of the water, especially in terms of flexibility. the USA/AC/Brit switch REALLY works especially between AC and Brit. IMO it's a different (and better) animal than the rebel.

Well, poo. That means I am going to have another amp to trip over in a little while. Just great. :facepalm:

Archived