NAD: Egnater Tweaker

DanJep

• Members

If you haven't heard anything about these amps, you should check them out. There are killer sounding. Way better than the rebel or renegade. It's one of those amps billed as versatile and actually lives up to the name. It does fender, ac15 and marshall pretty convincingly. I spent about an hour with it and have been absolutely floored.

No pics because we're moving and the camera is already packed.

2010EgnaterCatalog.jpg

• Members

I am looking into picking up a new amp and the Tweaker is on my short list of stuff to try. With one of those MF/GC coupons should be pretty cheap. What are you running it through?

I got the 1x12 tweaker cab to go with it. The guy I bought it from tried the head through several different cabs (other egnaters included) and said that there is something magical about the cab. I tend to agree because it sounds SO stinkin good. I think this amp sounds a lot better than my Script era Tophat Embassy 2x12 and THAT is a killer amp.

• Members
If you haven't heard anything about these amps, you should check them out. There are killer sounding. Way better than the rebel or renegade.

I find that pretty hard to believe. I use a pair of Egnater Rebel 20 heads into a pair of Egnater 1x12 cabs and they sound incredible. I've got a pretty decent amp collection and the Egnaters are pretty much all I use these days for both live and in the studio. :o

• Members

I find that pretty hard to believe. I use a pair of Egnater Rebel 20 heads into a pair of Egnater 1x12 cabs and they sound incredible. I've got a pretty decent amp collection and the Egnaters are pretty much all I use these days for both live and in the studio.
:o

You should keep in mind that that is strictly my opinion. I really didn't like either the renegade or the rebel, they didn't have the sound that I wanted. This delivers it in spades and it feels much more versatile than either of the previous amps.

I do wish this had the power scaling options that the rebel offered. That would've been a nice addition to the amp but I'm not complaining because 15w is quiet and loud enough for my purposes.

• Members
I got the 1x12 tweaker cab to go with it.

I am also thinking about head+1x12 set :thu:
Tweaker looks like THE amp I was looking for :love:

BTW can You plz check the size of Tweaker cabinet? I can't find any info online on that :confused:
Rebel cab is very deep as I've seen, but is Tweaker's cab also that deep?

• Members

I just ordered mine Wednesday, won't be here until Monday. I didn't get the matching cab though. Hopefully it sounds good through my cab (in sig)...

Out of curiosity, how much gain does it have?

• Members

Are these new amps? How much? It does have me intrigued too. Damn gas...

Oh, and how do they take pedals? I know this was a common (?) complaint with other Egnater amps, maybe that isn't an issue now though.

• Members

I just ordered mine Wednesday, won't be here until Monday. I didn't get the matching cab though. Hopefully it sounds good through my cab (in sig)...

Out of curiosity, how much gain does it have?

Quite a bit surprisingly. I feel that it has WAY more gain that it needs. It should be noted that it isn't Mesa Boogie brootal gain.

• Members

Quite a bit surprisingly. I feel that it has WAY more gain that it needs. It should be noted that it isn't Mesa Boogie brootal gain.

Enough gain for metal/hard rock? Not amp forum brootal metal, but metallica-ish?

Archived