Your help would rule...

BTBAM

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

hopefully you guys will get to open for underoath, no offense to you.

I really hope we don't. I don't really want to win the spot on main stage, I'd just like to have a guaranteed bigger stage set and the passes in.

• Members

I really hope we don't. I don't really want to win the spot on main stage, I'd just like to have a guaranteed bigger stage set and the passes in.

Because you don't like them, or too much pressure.

Bring your camcorder, and just pretend you're doing a pedal demo, you'll be fine!

• Members

Because you don't like them, or too much pressure.

Bring your camcorder, and just pretend you're doing a pedal demo, you'll be fine!

well, I actually do like underoath. The pressure doesn't bother me at all...

Last year the main stage was the furthest away from the rest of the festival. You have to walk about a mile to get to it...very back of the grounds.

If it is like that this year, I'd hate to have a 6 o'clock set on that stage when no "popular bands" are slated until 8 or later.

I'd much rather play generator stages where atleast people will walk by and catch it.

• Members

i did vote for you guys, your music is not bad.

i remember going to cornerstone when i was in high school.

seeing p.o.d, project 86, trying pot for the first time.

Last year was my first time. I went by myself for the whole week, and played about 5 times solo. It was actually a great experience overall. I learned some stuff to do differently for the next time...like bring staple guns and duct tape instead of a roll of scotch tape. I'll have more/bigger flyers this year, but also get there earlier to cover {censored} with more, so it will be up/able to be seen.

• Members
i did vote for you guys, your music is not bad.

i remember going to cornerstone when i was in high school.

seeing p.o.d, project 86, trying pot for the first time.

:facepalm:

it doesn't shock me that this kinda stuff happens at a Christian music festival, but it's still kinda ridiculous. I helped run the security at the Agape music festival in Souther Illinois and I always wondered how much of that stuff was going on...

• Members

jesus doesn't want you running around in your sisters rolled up jeans

what stuff?? you mean marijuana.

it helps keep your mind off all of the doucheyness that's going on around you

i like seeing very sheltered suburban kids running around thinking jesus said it's okay to be metal.

• Members

I'm not sure, apart from legality, why pot is off limits to Christians.

It doesn't need to have any more a strong hold in your life than anything else, and being high on pot doesn't quite equate to drunkenness. I suppose playing cards and listening to secular music is off limits too?

All things are permissible, not all things are profitable... proceed with caution?

• Members

Ha....I think we've tried playing a show together actually. I know of your group well, I'm from Louisville myself. My best friend is Jon Jeffries, he used to be in The Wax Intellectual and Your Friend Photosynthesis. Last several shows I've played in Louisville, either solo or band, I've played with Dude Plays Saxophone, I love those guys. We are playing a show with The Foxery here on the 29th, they are from there I think too.

Ha, small world. I was in Your Friend Photosynthesis for a while. Our guitar player does bass for Wax these days. We know Dude Plays Saxophone well and have played with the Foxery a few times. Be sure to send me a PM if you guys come here anytime soon, I'll be there. If you need a place to play in Louisville, Skull Alley is the way to go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

There are about 110 bands. They've now started updating the top 25 bands every Thursday. They aren't listed by amount of votes, but alphabetically in the 25. As of last Thursday we were on that list, and hopefully we will be tomorrow?

• Members

We should play a show together sometime, you're not far from me.

I'm a lurker here, sorry for being a creeper.

glad to see you're still around!

still making those bypass loopers? mine is still working great.

Archived