Telemasters!

Kid_A

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
rhcp311's actually turned out really nicely. I think the Bigsby on it works a lot better than a straight Tele bridge. I wouldn't have the blue pickguard though, I'd go for tort.

Oh, and thanks! Glad you like it. I've really been digging it, and it's done great for me at shows so far. The blue pickguard is either love or hate, so I can understand your opinion. It's really, really grown on me though. It's funny, but the only guitar I would even consider buying right now (assuming I won the lottery or got a record deal or something) would be a backup Telemaster. :lol:

• Members
The butterscotch one is the tits, IMO. And, I think that's the ONLY headstock shape that I've seen on a Tele-copy that somehow fits the aesthetic.

You can't see the headstock on any of those pictures? :idk::lol:

The butterscotch one is the only one that looked ok to me at first, but I'm just not feeling it. Different strokes though, as they say. :thu:

• Members

I like those Strat/Tele hybrids a lot. Any thoughts on how easy it would be to make one out of parts?

Take a look at the horns on the butterscotch one:

Lower bout is Telecaster style, upper is Strat.

I wouldn't have a clue as to who makes something like that, pre-fabricated.

• Members
Take a look at the horns on the butterscotch one:

Lower bout is Telecaster style, upper is Strat.

I wouldn't have a clue as to who makes something like that, pre-fabricated.

Yeah I noticed that too. You would have to shave off some plastic from a Tele pickguard to fit it on a strat horn, but I guess it's doable.

{censored} that, I'm gonna buy me a cheap strat and'll find out for myself...:lol:

Anyone ever put a tele bridge on a strat?

• Members
bump because I wanna know where Lemmings got his JM body from too! Do warmouth do Telecaster routing on a JM body?
:idk:

Hey, yeah I got the body through USA Custom Guitars. It was one of their web specials, not the one picture though. A nice big, heavy piece of mahogany. I had Tony route for a humbucker in the neck, but I haven't decided what will be going in there. I'm guessing a Jazzmaster pickup is going to be too big?

I really like the 'stealth' look of the originals so i'll probably try to wire something under the guard first. Otherwise I might try the harmonic designs vintage plus. They are standard tele pickups with coloured covers, so I can probably get one to match the colour of the pickguard.

Archived